• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding a shoulderbag ? Avoiding a man-purse..

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im looking to get a decent shoulder bag for school, i cant spend thousands unfortunately but in looking for something similar to this (just came across it on ebay).. can you guys recommend any similar styles, or places to look for something like this ? preferably in the 100-300 dollar range.. thanks
si_67970.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since you don't want a man purse I am presuming you plan to use it solely for books while at school. In that case look at Filson. Their slimmer shoulder bags are under $200, the wider ones that would be great for carrying textbooks and maybe even a laptop are between 2-300.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you guys think the look of the one i posted above is too feminine ?

this is another one i sorta like, but im not sure if i prefer the all leather like the first image i posted:
http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...scid=586791002

similar to the filson bags...

Style Pontifex

Reaction score
Let's just say I wouldn't look twice if I saw a woman using one...

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
do you guys think the look of the one i posted above is too feminine ?

"fine quality synthetic leather" ... yeah, right!

Filson!!

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the filson ones are nice, but i think im leaning towards this BR bag, its a bit cheaper too. originally i was thinking id like all leather, but it might be too feminine.. what u guys think of this one ?
br586791-00vliv01.jpg

VINSON

Reaction score
I would get a porter bag. (not made of leather).

Mine holds up well.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think excessive metal hardware suggests feminine. especially on that "Tod Bag"

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by confab
Does anyone have first hand experience with these Heime's bags and cases? I like the look of them.

have had my hands on them but never ordered one. Heavy leather, nice tooling and stitching. They keep no inventory- all made to order. Anthony's, the owner, makes them- I believe anthony may now by request. It's just a few minutes from my office- I'm happy to walk in and inquire for you should you have more questions.

I've been meaning to get one but right now I just want one bag that is a beater bag for my laptop etc as I am constantly on the road lately.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that heimies drifter bag.. wished it had a shoulder strap though..

anyone wanna give me an opinion on that banana republic bag ? yay, nay - too girly?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads