Finding a Light Grey Pinstripe Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tom288, Oct 21, 2006.

1. tom288

tom288 Senior member

Anyone know of any designers who have a Light Grey pinstripe suit out right now?

I found this one on ebay, and its similar to the coloring Im looking for, Id just like to find a better quality suit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEN-SUPER-140S-M...QQcmdZViewItem [cgi.ebay.com]

2. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Forgive me, but that suit is ugly.

However you can get a light grey pin stripe in most any good manufacturer.

I have a Kiton, an Isaia and a Samuelsohn in light grey with varying colors of stripes. Probably a bit more availability in medium or dark grey, but I can't imagine any mfg not having a lighter grey with stripe.

Now you need to find a retailer that carries them. Here in Hotsdale they are plentiful.

Perry

3. londonj

londonj Senior member

What do you think of the below Isaia suit, is it good value at $900 (with 10% sf discount). My other options are a MTM suit from ww chan/mr ned or keep checking ebay for a similar zegna or isaia suit around the 500 mark (if lucky!) http://store.ehaberdasher.com/Detail.bok?no=1181

4. tom288

tom288 Senior member

Believe me, I'm not buying that suit, its just the closest thing I could find color wise to show you what I mean. Basically I just want a light grey suit with pinstripes other than grey or something that easily blends in with the suit. I wish I had a better pic to show you. And as far as shopping locally, I live in Florida and the closest Saks is Orlando and Im not sure about a Neiman Marcus. There are a couple boutiques I can check out, but they are limited being smaller stores. Thats why I was trying to find something online.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I think Bertie Wooster wears a similar pale grey/white chalkstripe suit in a light flannel in an episode or two of the ITV series and looks very dapper.

I think that such a light grey stripe really suits a flannel (or at least a worsted flannel) more than a plain worsted wool.

6. tom288

tom288 Senior member

Any idea where to look for one?

7. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Any department store? Light grey pin is not exactly an exotic cloth. How much do you want to spend?

8. tom288

tom288 Senior member

Price isnt a real issue, and the nicest "Department store" in Jacksonville is Parisian or Dillard's, maybe Macy's. But no Saks, NM, or anything like that.