• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding a leather jacket similar to (but cheaper than) RL's Lambskin Biker

Grifter

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been searching the Net for a jacket similar to Ralph Lauren's Black Label Lambskin Biker Jacket . The details that I like most include:
  • Two-way zip front (very important!)
  • Motocross style
  • Zipped, tapered cuffs
  • Rich, dark leather
  • A trim fit (I am 5'7" and 135 lbs. and Black Label size S happens to fit me perfectly!)

The problem is that at $2,500 it is out of my price range. I think the highest I would (nay, could) go is maybe $600 for a jacket. I've had no luck in finding a similar jacket (Burberry carries one, but its leather has a more "beat up" look and it is also quite expensive). I've even considered e-mailing some custom tailor like Baron Boutique to construct something similar, but I have my reservations about dropping hundreds of dollars (or whatever price quote they return to me) on a jacket from them.

Any help is deeply appreciated!
smile.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A member here is selling his Dolce and Gabbana leather jacket ( similar to the RL Jacket that you posted). You can check it out at the buy and sell forum. It's at your price range.

70gransport

Reaction score
Have you checked out Aero yet? While the coats aren't Lambskin, they do make motorcycle jackets. The last time I looked, I think the conversion rate was about 800 US dollars. While it's a tad out of your price range of 600, it's not so far out as to be unatainable. The only downside to their jackets might be the zippers and lambskin, but otherwise you get an awesome jacket made to your measurments. Just a thought, if not maybe you could wait for a sale or someone on here would have someting more to your liking. Good luck!

gilwood

Reaction score
Schott Leather Jacket @ us wings website:

schott141crF_DETAIL.jpg

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
believe it or not, diesel has one this season that sells for 535.00 that is lamb and really nice. No two way zip though. You should try to call langlitz. They are considered one of the best "true" motorcycle jackets in the world. Their website sucks, but they have great product. www.langlitz.com

Grifter

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. The D&G jacket is pretty close, but I'm thinking about getting a custom-made replica. Can anyone vouch for either of the custom leather manufacturers listed here (Black Scissors and Langlitz)?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
Schott Leather Jacket @ us wings website:
schott141crF_DETAIL.jpg

I love this jacket, but I'm pretty sure it's not what you're looking for. It's super thick and has a swing back. It's a true bike jacket, and it doesn't work so well unless you're riding one.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
aero will make all of their riding jackets in goathide

chaseychase

Reaction score

chaseychase

Reaction score
the jackets that blackscissors have on their ebay store are pretty cool, i might buy one, but i really wanna find something like this :

JaredLetoLeatherFlow_newsphoto.jpg

does anyone know if blackscissors could copy this?

cheers!

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
Langlitz is some good leather. Their vintage jackets go for an arm and a leg, not sure about current production.
I think custom is roughly about 800ish. depends on what you order. They are amazing...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads