• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find this Barbour jacket in the US

coop86

Reaction score
After receiving a Barbour Bedale size 40 in the mail today I tried it on and realized it looked terrible. Way to boxy/sack-like. After looking through the threads on sizing, I may return it and get a 38 and see how that fits. However, after looking all over for a "slim fit" Barbour I ran across this called the Carbon Heritage Bedale:
http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/Barbo...le-Jacket.html

From the description it seems exactly what I am looking for, however the website does not ship to the US and I cannot find it anywhere else. Anyone ever heard of/seen this jacket or know where to buy it?

Thanks

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one he's asking about is a slimmer version. I do admit, though, Barbours do fit like tents.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Find a small barbour stockist who is willing to special order items.

Originally Posted by chasingred
All the Barbours fit terribly (except for the collaboration pieces they do with To Ki To)
They've had new slim fit versions of their jackets for about 2-3 years now that are comparable to the To Ki To models.

Sazerac

Reaction score
All the Barbours fit terribly (except for the collaboration pieces they do with To Ki To)

Very true. However, that doesn't lessen my desire to go out and shoot ducks or walk in the moors whenever I wear mine.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt say all barbours are baggy

their recent line ("contemporary"?) is meant to be slim fitting

the nicest fitting jacket i tried on person is the Long Biker. detailing similar to the international, with internal waist cord that cinches up the waist to give a nice shape*

unfortunately it is quilted liner (vs tartan cloth) and made in bulgaria... but i very much like mine nonetheless

*there are a couple that looks slim on the website but i could not find in the stores

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The earlier ones are very, full fitting. I have considered having mine slimmed down but I wouldn't know how to go about doing this given the styles.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
The earlier ones are very, full fitting. I have considered having mine slimmed down but I wouldn't know how to go about doing this given the styles.

A few people have had success slimming down Barbours. Just bring it to a tailor and see what they say. Can't hurt to ask after all.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few people have had success slimming down Barbours. Just bring it to a tailor and see what they say. Can't hurt to ask after all.

Will try that. I know Barbour does it but not on waterproofed and waxed coats.

Fabro

Reaction score
The heritage Bedale is a good option. I tried it last week in London and the fit is great. Much as I like the brand I think the classic fits look awful on me so this was a nice surprise. I would call the Barbour store in Soho or Chelsea and see if they ship. The price is a lot cheaper in the UK to start with and take away the VAT and you might have a good deal.

It come in a few colours, including a distressed red which is surprisingly good.

pinchi22

Reaction score
The International is much less boxy and tentlike. I ditched my boxy Beaufort for it. There are plenty of UK websites that ship Barbour abroad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads