Finally!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by skalogre, May 30, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

2. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

i'd not heard about any of this?!?!?!? still my favourite film of all time, in spite/because of it's flaws. i'll have to watch it at the cinema again (didn't catch it first time round - i was born in '79 - but watched it a few years ago in a blown up state at our local imax mega screen), and buy it on dvd...again.

3. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

4. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

"It's too bad she won't live"

"but then again, who does?" aaaaand cue vangelis, no driving through the countryside and sappy voice over thankyou very much.

5. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

"but then again, who does?" aaaaand cue vangelis, no driving through the countryside and sappy voice over thankyou very much.

Yech! That is the crappy original edition!

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

You don't like it the Vangelis?

Jon.

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

You don’t like it the Vangelis? Jon.
    I don't like it the Harrisson voice-over actually [​IMG] !

8. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

My mother? Let me tell you about my mother.

9. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

...except for the correct original version of the star wars trilogy 4-5-6.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

...except for the correct original version of the star wars trilogy 4-5-6.

Which you can get on Laserdisc.

Jon.

11. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

I'm actually much more excited about the limited theatrical re-release. I never got to see BR on the big screen, so this is very exciting.

Movies made for the big screen are so much more compelling on the big screen. 2001 in 70MM was a thing of beauty as was the re-release of the Exorcist.

12. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

don't slur my good name! i was denouncing the crappy original, in much the same way the protestants denounced catholic decadence in pursuit of ascetic spiritual perfection.

i hope they sort out this error:
    (taken from http://scribble.com/uwi/br/br-faq.html#10 ) i don't really mind the other jumps and hiccups in the film, the printout of the zoomed in photo being the most memorable, but that shoddy over-dubbing always really jarred me.

"that was irrational of you, not to mention...unsportsmanlike"

13. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

don't slur my good name! i was denouncing the crappy original, in much the same way the protestants denounced catholic decadence in pursuit of ascetic spiritual perfection.

i hope they sort out this error: (taken from http://scribble.com/uwi/br/br-faq.html#10 ) i don't really mind the other jumps and hiccups in the film, the printout of the zoomed in photo being the most memorable, but that shoddy over-dubbing always really jarred me.

"that was irrational of you, not to mention...unsportsmanlike"

[​IMG]

You know, I am still a little miffed with Ridley Scott's statement to the effect of "yes, he is a replicant, so what? Sod off!"

14. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

[​IMG]

You know, I am still a little miffed with Ridley Scott's statement to the effect of "yes, he is a replicant, so what? Sod off!"

I don't know if I'm miffed, but it was certainly puzzling that he confirmed that Deckard was a replicant (although, the director's cut with the unicorn dream basically confirmed it). In my mind, he broke some sort of unwritten artist's rule (similar to a magician revealing how to perform one of his tricks). I seem to remember that Scott's statement kind of pissed off Harrison Ford. I would have much preferred that the question remain open for debate (e.g. the apparent miscount of the number of renegade replicants; Zhora posing the seeming throw-away line to Deckard, "are you for real?", etc.).

15. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I don't know if I'm miffed, but it was certainly puzzling that he confirmed that Deckard was a replicant (although, the director's cut with the unicorn dream basically confirmed it). In my mind, he broke some sort of unwritten artist's rule (similar to a magician revealing how to perform one of his tricks). I seem to remember that Scott's statement kind of pissed off Harrison Ford. I would have much preferred that the question remain open for debate (e.g. the apparent miscount of the number of renegade replicants; Zhora posing the seeming throw-away line to Deckard, "are you for real?", etc.).
    The way I heard it Ford was miffed because Scott had told him that he wasn't playing a replicant. Or something like that.

I can't wait.

"Is this testing whether I'm a replicant, or a lesbian, Mr. Deckard?"