• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have yet to go through any margiela/lanvin/ysl/ect. Isn't the point of having designer sneakers being able to rotate them frequently enough that they all look new years later?!?

There's a decent community of sneaker heads that try to keep their shoes as pristine as possible, for me I just let normal day to day take a toll on them, particularly my GATS which I think look much better beat up then straight out of the box.

yo do you hike in em or someshit lol

I do wear my GATS quite a bit more often than my other sneakers because they're easy to slip on/off. I'd say 2/3rds of my rotation is in some pair of GATS. I also live in NY so end up walking a lot.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's a decent community of sneaker heads that try to keep their shoes as pristine as possible, for me I just let normal day to day take a toll on them, particularly my GATS which I think look much better beat up then straight out of the box.
I do wear my GATS quite a bit more often than my other sneakers because they're easy to slip on/off. I'd say 2/3rds of my rotation is in some pair of GATS. I also live in NY so end up walking a lot.

I feel as if my SL/10s look better used than new.

cmninja

Reaction score

1f637.png

adeniran

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggested insert for CP's that are too big? I'm always getting heel slip when I walk :(

Geruvah

Reaction score
Time to break these SL/01H in. Maybe get the whites next.

minho

Reaction score
any other small footers get self-conscious over how small their shoes look on them (especially boots)?

i'm a tts us 8, but in shoes i'm like 5'10, so i sometimes think about how weird it must look
I don't think that's so bad.

I'm 5'8 with US 10 (actually more like 9.5, with EEE feet) so I have to wear size 10 shoes, which are still too narrow but also too long for me. I feel like a clown sometimes, but you have to remember that you will always pay more attention to yourself than others will, so relax, no one even cares.

J-Short

Reaction score
Just curious would Bally sneakers be considered "baller" on this site?

minho

Reaction score
Just curious would Bally sneakers be considered "baller" on this site?

I don't think they stand out that much but there's nothing really wrong with them. Most of their designs kind of reminds me of a stripped down Gucci sneakers with a different color scheme because of the ribbon on the side.

kastiaserak

Reaction score
Guys I am debating between three pairs of black sneakers for my rotation:
Saint Laurent Black SL/01 Lows
Maison Margiela Black suede GATS
or Acne Studios black Triple Lo Velcros.
Any recommendations? and no i cant buy all three.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GATs, but maybe the SLPs if you're after something sleeker/less fun

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads