1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

That is a little impressive.

2. Robert

Robert Senior member

Ha ha. Because I don't spend my free time watching reruns of How To Make It in America?

OK, so if I promise to rein in my post count, you guys will retract your claws? Truce?

3. fntm

fntm Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just the timing with other members along with the sneaker thread or a sneaker thread will just not work but this just seems like it's going nowhere fast.

Oh well, since it's all gone to shit here's another pair of sneakers I wore this weeked.

[​IMG]

*puts flame suit on*

really liking these

Robert has been here 23 months, silly jet. [​IMG]

4. jet

jet Senior member

lol im stuck in 09

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

RX, those definitely are growing on me. I might have to hunt those down for meself.

6. Listi

Listi Senior member

Hey, come on. I like baller sneakers too! I'm not going to automatically like them just because they're in this thread, but I have liked some of what I've seen. I'm sure if you've got an open mind, you probably like some cheaper sneakers, too.
    I like some cheaper sneakers, sure: [​IMG] Shape looks odd from that angle, but it's really not: [​IMG] But most of the ones that have been posted I don't like.

7. Robert

Robert Senior member

8. Listi

Listi Senior member

Indeed, Albin.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

By "worst leather," how so? (And no, Teger, I'm not asking because of the cheap price...)

The color flakes. Very easily. It's corrected grain leather of the worst sort. Essentially, the color is applied by applying a thin coat of painting on a piece of shit leather. The only consolation one should take is that I've seen the Cole-Haan wingtips at Nordstroms for $225 that were made out of leather that essentially looked like plastic. Actual plastic.

Good, aniline dyed leather, top grain leather holds a great patina and will age well. And no, it doesn't have to cost a fortune. Vasque Sundowner boots are semi-technical boots made with more gegaws than any pair of sneakers I have, and they cost under $200.

1 person likes this.
  10. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^Just saw the same thing, Cole Haan wise, at Holts. Insanely whack, especially sitting right next to the Lobbs they just started stocking this season (not the greatest Lobbs, but still crushing everything else on their rack including the Tom Fords).

11. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Listi, do you have those tan Albins? Wish I could've found those in my size. In any case I have a pair of the white wrinkled patents coming my way.

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

The color flakes. Very easily. It's corrected grain leather of the worst sort. Essentially, the color is applied by applying a thin coat of painting on a piece of shit leather. The only consolation one should take is that I've seen the Cole-Haan wingtips at Nordstroms for $225 that were made out of leather that essentially looked like plastic. Actual plastic.

Good, aniline dyed leather, top grain leather holds a great patina and will age well. And no, it doesn't have to cost a fortune. Vasque Sundowner boots are semi-technical boots made with more gegaws than any pair of sneakers I have, and they cost under $200.

I see. Thanks.

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

Indeed, Albin.

I'm digging those.

14. Wu Dynasty

Wu Dynasty Senior member

I still want a pair of metallic raf astronaut hi-tops.

15. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

i would get them in other colors but this was pretty nice
    [​IMG]

those lanvins are from aw 07 i believe. they are incredible in that runway pic.

thinking about copping these but they are 1200 msrp.
    [​IMG]

16. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

just put in offer on black rafs on ebay. thanks for the tip jdmay

17. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

[​IMG] What do people think of the new rick dunks? Slightly sleeker, less bulky. It kinda reminds me of the Scion xB, when it changed form the original box design to the new rounder one; the idea's still there, but it's kinda half assed. Black w/ white sole ones can be seen in the back, as well.

18. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

i was just told by a seller that a lanvin 8 in a pair of black patent high tops would fit me as a 10.5. is sizing that different across models/seasons?

19. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

robert stfu you're 45 years old and apparently haven't learned that people can spend their money how they desire. you desire to buy 50000 ugly items from j crew while sq4u buys 2 pairs of lanvins on deep discount. also if were 45 and didn't have $200 in disposable income i'd probably kill myself. fyi.
    hahaha

Also I'm pretty sure Brobert is like 55.

Ive been wearing PF Flyer Albins, Chucks, and Raf by Raf sneakers alot lately.

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

i was just told by a seller that a lanvin 8 in a pair of black patent high tops would fit me as a 10.5. is sizing that different across models/seasons?
    I damn well hope not.