***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah, no shoes trees. I noticed that the quality of materials used does help with creases. I've had Jordans and Nike that crease easily and badly after one wear while most of my Lanvin, Margiela, Raf, etc... doesn't have that bad of a crease mark in the toe. But if you are really worried then check these out:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

yeah, ive found that the more "baller" the shoe, the better they look with age. im not saying they have to be dragged thru mud[​IMG] but just wear without worries. saves you a headache imo

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

It actually blows my mind how expensive rick sneakers are. And I own a pair. I mean, I'm glad I do, but still. And even so, I would still buy a pair of the old dunks if I could find a pair that wasn't still selling at 90% of retail despite not technically being, you know, held together anymore.

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

excuse me, but the staples are made of steel

5. theom-

theom- Senior member

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It actually blows my mind how expensive rick sneakers are. And I own a pair. I mean, I'm glad I do, but still.

I got to agree with this. I really like my pair of ROs but I am still not sure what makes it so much better than Lanvin or Rafs, which are a couple hunnid cheaper. It certainly isn't the quality, I guess it's just one of those times you pay for the aesthetic/look that no other designers offer?

7. the shah

except nike but that's not important [​IMG]

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

I tried on all the current iteration RO sneakers, and I can't see myself ever paying retail for those things. Also, I don't get why people need to rationalize this. I know we are talking about sneakers so people are trying to since the retail price is 1k+ for sneakers, but theres no point. The only reason its "justified" is because rick makes those designs and no one else makes the sneaker the same way. So if you want the design you gotta stomach it.

9. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Only sneakers I'd pay that much for are Augusta's. Maybe Julius sneaker boots. Not ruling ou anything though. Id pay 1k for guidi sneakers in soft horse maybe or reversed horse. Think that slouchy style would suit my taste in sneakers.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

It actually blows my mind how expensive rick sneakers are. And I own a pair. I mean, I'm glad I do, but still.

And even so, I would still buy a pair of the old dunks if I could find a pair that wasn't still selling at 90% of retail despite not technically being, you know, held together anymore.

this, it's absolutely retarded and you guys are supporting him

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

I didn't know guidi made sneaks, nice.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I tried on all the current iteration RO sneakers, and I can't see myself ever paying retail for those things. Also, I don't get why people need to rationalize this. I know we are talking about sneakers so people are trying to since the retail price is 1k+ for sneakers, but theres no point. The only reason its "justified" is because rick makes those designs and no one else makes the sneaker the same way. So if you want the design you gotta stomach it.

Not really trying to rationalize it, just trying to see if others can provide an insight that I may have overlooked.

13. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I didn't know guidi made sneaks, nice.

They don't. Sorry wasn't clear was on phone at gym (Yeah I'm a forum addict). I meant if they existed I'd pay 1k for those ;p

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

15. the shah

a slow, torturous death, unnecessarily drawn out ............................