***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

I'm going to go shop around for a pair of white sneakers today. Will probably get a pair of MMM, does Barney's pretty much carry the one's out for this season, or should I check out the MMM store?

2. 42LONG

42LONG Senior member

After reading all 78 pages of this i too really like the MMMs. Overall class and really quality construction. Now just to find some i can afford.....

3. rungo

rungo Member

After reading all 78 pages of this i too really like the MMMs. Overall class and really quality construction. Now just to find some i can afford.....

Find a pair of the originals.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

thanks guys..i ended up ordering the red captoe - when it comes in i'll look at them side by side and make a decision on which one to keep.

How did you go sizing wise? I noticed that their sizing is a bit unusual like 6.5D/5, 7.5D/6, etc... Is the second number the size printed on the shoe/box? If so that would explain me wearing a size 7 in Lanvins since they put it as equal of 8.5D. I just want to know in case I change my mind and pull the trigger on a pair.

5. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

How did you go sizing wise? I noticed that their sizing is a bit unusual like 6.5D/5, 7.5D/6, etc... Is the second number the size printed on the shoe/box? If so that would explain me wearing a size 7 in Lanvins since they put it as equal of 8.5D. I just want to know in case I change my mind and pull the trigger on a pair.
    I just the ordered the black ones from NM. The tan/grey ones I picked up from Barney's last week just say 7 on the side of the box, they definitely fit like an 8.5 us. If anyone is interested the Lanvin 7/8.5US measures 11.5" on the outsole.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Thanks for the confirmation, I'm not crazy then that I wear a 7 in Lanvin and a 9.5-10 in Jack Purcells/Chucks. [​IMG]

7. KBW

KBW Senior member

I like these diors...don't know if this is the thread to ask this but if I usually wear a US 11.5 in shoes what size and where 2 KOP? Will order tonight if it is at all possible

[​IMG]

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I haven't seen those particular available for a while now, maybe close to 2 years.

9. KBW

KBW Senior member

I haven't seen those particular available for a while now, maybe close to 2 years.
    fuck...anything similar out now that is available? I'm guessing those Lanvin trainers you have (ones Usher was wearing in pic you posted) aren't available either. I'm looking to up my sneaker game

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

11. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Hmmm... they are listed under S/S '10 releases at Mientus Germany and they usually don't offer old stock online. Either it's actually a re-release or a mistake. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning...
    fuck...anything similar out now that is available?
    How about Margiela GAT's ?

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Maybe the Diors were just available outside of the US? I know I haven't seen it in stores or online (US online stores at least) in a while, I know because I have been looking for a pair for myself. Are they still making Margiela GAT that looks like the Diors (w/ the distinct toe design) like these? [​IMG]

13. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Are they still making Margiela GAT that looks like the Diors (w/ the distinct toe design) like these?
    [​IMG]

I believe not. =(

I'm pretty sure these are only available as a velcro version for this season...

See here: http://www.freshnessmag.com/2010/03/...i-cut-sneakers

Laced versions with the distinct toe design are only available as low-tops, though not in white/grey, to my knowledge. I could be wrong, though. The whole thing confuses the shit out of me sometimes... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

I need to sell a few pairs, but not sure which... I like them all but just cant find the time to hardly wear them all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^^ If those were size 42-43, I would jump on the grey desert boot.

I believe not. =(

I'm pretty sure these are only available as a velcro version for this season...

See here: http://www.freshnessmag.com/2010/03/...i-cut-sneakers

Laced versions with the distinct toe design are only available as low-tops, though not in white/grey, to my knowledge. I could be wrong, though. The whole thing confuses the shit out of me sometimes... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I could live with the velcro version, especially if I can find this color:
    [​IMG]

I have to check out Barneys if they have it in stock, I don't remember them carrying MMM when I visited though.