***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Too small, need 42

2. Alexlude

Alexlude Senior member

thanks for the info

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Not mine but I just wanted to share the pic of the YSLs, looks much better than the stock pics.
    [​IMG]

I liked these at first glance (on sale..), and really like the non-stock photo. Seem to be put together well. What are people's thoughts on YSL's quality? Looklng for a pair of high tops in white and doubt i'll find true high margiela gats in white/creme/grey. Seems just a lot of mids.

furthermore, and pushing my luck, anyone know how YSL is sized? 41 CP and 42 MMM (US 9), myself..

4. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I liked these at first glance (on sale..), and really like the non-stock photo. Seem to be put together well. What are people's thoughts on YSL's quality? Looklng for a pair of high tops in white and doubt i'll find true high margiela gats in white/creme/grey. Seems just a lot of mids.

furthermore, and pushing my luck, anyone know how YSL is sized? 41 CP and 42 MMM (US 9), myself..

They run big like CPs. Go with a 41

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

They run big like CPs. Go with a 41

Thank you very much man - appreciated.

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

kanyasian [​IMG] , those pierre hardys are awesome. im not sure about the jersey tho. tween saw them up close i think, he said there cool...just preference i guess.
    raf fits same as cp in my experience.

7. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

how do raf size.. i usually wear 9.5 in chucks/vans.. and got 42 in CP desert boot but its a bit loose.. you think 41 in raf would fit or too small?

i'm cp40, mmm41, raf 40 for reference

i also like those, but not too sure about the shape of the gum soles after seeing the fit pic on mr.porter. i like the more streamlined (and less attention-drawing) mmm soles more i guess, pure personal preference though [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

i also like those, but not too sure about the shape of the gum soles after seeing the fit pic on mr.porter. i like the more streamlined (and less attention-drawing) mmm soles more i guess, pure personal preference though [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for pointing out that photo. It is a helpful representation. The sole does photograph better, close, than far away it appears -- in which it does seem to be rather prominent. Also, a darker, more eye-grabbing (not so much in a good way) shade than what you might find on mmm's or cp's. More brown than gum and it's distracting. Though in fairness to the shoe I don't think it's a good overall fit and I've never been a fan of grey sweats with gum(or brown) soled sneakers -- that's when I break out something all white. Or white and grey. Regardless, that pic is enough to prevent me from spending money on the sneakers.

These here as I'm sure you've seen, with the white sole vs. the brown/gum..

9. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

Thanks for pointing out that photo. It is a helpful representation. The sole does photograph better, close, than far away it appears -- in which it does seem to be rather prominent. Also, a darker, more eye-grabbing (not so much in a good way) shade than what you might find on mmm's or cp's. More brown than gum and it's distracting. Though in fairness to the shoe I don't think it's a good overall fit and I've never been a fan of grey sweats with gum(or brown) soled sneakers -- that's when I break out something all white. Or white and grey. Regardless, that pic is enough to prevent me from spending money on the sneakers.

These here as I'm sure you've seen, with the white sole vs. the brown/gum..

glad that was helpful slack. definitely agree with your analysis, somehow the darker shade seems more distracting on a white base than a lighter, true gum sole (kind of like this season's kva btw, may kop when they hit the sales [​IMG])).

those ysl w/ white soles look nice!

10. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

if i'm a 44 in CP achiiles, would a 44 in MMM GAT fit or would i need a 45? some people seem to think i'd be fine whilst others say i'd need a 45. are they as narrow as CP? thanks in advance.

11. fuku

fuku Member

Most people say you will need a size 45.

12. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

kanyasian [​IMG] , those pierre hardys are awesome. im not sure about the jersey tho. tween saw them up close i think, he said there cool...just preference i guess. raf fits same as cp in my experience.
    Yeah the jersey ones are cool in an interesting way, but not really like "I want to have these and actually wear them out" cool. They texture is good and they're nice and lightweight and feel snug in a really good way. Only the outer is jersey and they're still leather lined so as to hold their shape and everything, so keep that in mind.

13. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

if i'm a 44 in CP achiiles, would a 44 in MMM GAT fit or would i need a 45? some people seem to think i'd be fine whilst others say i'd need a 45. are they as narrow as CP? thanks in advance.
    I'm the same size, I need a 45

14. conqueror

conqueror Senior member

fuck. thanks for the heads up.

15. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

I'm the same size, I need a 45

+1 EU39 CP and EU40 MMM.

And if you're worried, my feets are pretty short but too some extend wide - and still there is room enough.