• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
exhibit B
IMG_1226.JPG

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Mine with the old sole is better.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
dude, i hate the old soles!
its the only thing i dislike about the rafs. well....that and their shallow toe box, but that seems to be getting better

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Mine with the old sole is better.
+ a trillion I will kop another pair of lanvin's when I see some more I like.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
pretty sure I posted these already!

lol. except mine are real
wink.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually like the newer midsole on the Lanvins, probably because it is different from any others out there. The old ones looks pretty generic now, not that it's a bad thing but I jus tlike the overall look of the new midsole.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I actually like the newer midsole on the Lanvins, probably because it is different from any others out there. The old ones looks pretty generic now, not that it's a bad thing but I jus tlike the overall look of the new midsole.

Agreed. I feel like it used to be only high end sneaks using that sole but now it's just like everyone making a low-profile sneaker automatically defaults to it. I mean, nothing wrong with it. Just hoping to see people using new soles in newer collections as the freshness of it is going down.

@uncontrol:
frown.gif
never sleep on shoes that are that cool and that in line with your wardrobe.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
hahaha. dude they are like magic. when you put them on they look awesome. they have this narrow, arrowhead feel to them. i think it goes really well with chino/khaki colored pants. ill blow up waywt with them soon enough ;-)

If you knew my opinion on khakis (hint: I like 'em as much as polos, loafers and boat shoes) you wouldn't have answered that way....

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
+ a trillion

I will kop another pair of lanvin's when I see some more I like.

yep, new ones look like some foot locker type sole and are too clunky plus don't like that wave effect...old ones were smooov no matter how many people used them

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new mid-soles are just as thick as the old one isn't it?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "new" midsoles look like something you'd see on a pair of S. Carters, and prob was one of the reasons why SuFu hopped off that Lanvin tip. I remember when the new midsole Lanvins first started showing up, everyone was like "wtf, why?"

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Similar but not really and I've had S. Carters. Plus the S. Carters were styled after the old school Guccis from the 80s iirc, so I say that styling is more classic.
fp6qrm.jpg
I just think the old one was too generic, still looked good but I prefer the new ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads