***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

They do at the flagships stores according to the guy that got me mine.^ And please dont settle for mids [​IMG]

2. dmash

dmash Senior member

I thought customs were always just a clean 10%?

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

They do at the flagships stores according to the guy that got me mine.^ And please dont settle for mids [​IMG]
    The thing is that I always liked mids. It won't be settling for me. It will be whatever is available to me. I would love to have white mids and black highs or vice versa. Did you pay retail for yours BTW?

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I don't know how it is calculated, they sent me this 10 page document explaining all the crap they are charging, I do not care to read through it though.

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

^ That makes me not want to buy anything from oki-ni. holy moly. I couldn't imagine getting something for like 1000 usd and getting charged 20% in customs or something

6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I don't know how it is calculated, they sent me this 10 page document explaining all the crap they are charging, I do not care to read through it though.

I've had a bad experience with UPS, my UPS guy just stood at my door and said either I pay via personal check (nothing else is permitted) or the package does not get delivered

Did FedEX at least give you the package then bill you?

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah. FedEx usually delivers the item and then sends the bill a week or two later. I wouldn't pay it and just pretend I did not receive it but they have my SS#, shit will probably destroy my credit if they report it.
    ^ That makes me not want to buy anything from oki-ni. holy moly. I couldn't imagine getting something for like 1000 usd and getting charged 20% in customs or something
    I believe OkiNi would lower the price of the item if you asked them, just e-mail them before you order or right after. I asked Por Vocacao to do that but wouldn't budge on it, even after I told him to make the item a final sale.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

To those who may know, how bad are the staples in the back of the older RO sneakers? I think I remember a little discussion about it here but I can't quite recall. Also, what was the purpose of it, just a lazy way to finish the product or what?

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

oki ni will lower the price. its automatically applied to your account if you ask....it drops all the prices you see by 16.6%.

but still...i don't want to factor in that I'm paying xxx amount...only to be raped on customs charges and not only have to pay 10%

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

oki ni will lower the price. its automatically applied to your account if you ask....it drops all the prices you see by 16.6%.

but still...i don't want to factor in that I'm paying xxx amount...only to be raped on customs charges and not only have to pay 10%

I didn't mean lowering the price via VAT, I meant they will lower the price declared on the package. So if they declare the item being shipped to be $10 or as a gift, then it'll incur very little to no fees.

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

I didn't mean lowering the price via VAT, I meant they will lower the price declared on the package. So if they declare the item being shipped to be $10 or as a gift, then it'll incur very little to no fees.

Reallly?? hmm, I didn't know this. that's awesome.

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

To those who may know, how bad are the staples in the back of the older RO sneakers? I think I remember a little discussion about it here but I can't quite recall. Also, what was the purpose of it, just a lazy way to finish the product or what?

Long discussion about them on sz basically they were rusting badly but RO store fixed/replaced so...

13. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

The thing is that I always liked mids. It won't be settling for me. It will be whatever is available to me. I would love to have white mids and black highs or vice versa. Did you pay retail for yours BTW?
    No, would never pay that much for them.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Not sure I've seen these DBSS before. Looks higher than the usual hi-top DBSS.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

The pony ones are higher than the usual ones. That's a very, very rare colorway.