Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Jay-Z with MMM chains.
    [​IMG]

has anyone handled a pair in person? if so, how are the chain eyelets attached? its such an odd way to lace a shoe but i like it.

2. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

3. dmash

dmash Senior member

Sorry but I got to disagree with that, not just anyone can wear DBSS even if it is all black. DBSS are huge and bulky, I remember a few months back there was even a discussion here on how difficult to find jeans to go with it, there was maybe 1-2 looks where it looked good and that was it.
    Damn for real? They didn't look obnoxiously big from most of the stock pictures....gonna have to rethink getting them then. I'm almost 6'0 about 180, so I didn't think they would look like moon shoes on me. May be mistaken though. Any suggestions for 'sleeker' predominately black high tops? Besides your basic run of the mill lanvins and CPs.

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Raf, Silent, mmm, AnnD all have offerings but these are pretty different from one another.

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

Raf, Silent, mmm, AnnD all have offerings but these are pretty different from one another.
    True that. I'm looking for non patent, lace up (zipper or velcro accents are cool though), predominately black high tops. No gum sole, so SQ's margielas are out. Has anybody handled the s/s11 Silent sneaks and can comment on quality? $350 retail... [​IMG]

6. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

[​IMG]

The problem with usual stuff Usher wears, its just expensive stuff - if it wasnt because it was Usher it would look pretty stupid, Usher is (no homo) good looking and has almost unlimited coolness(famouse+rich) so everything he wears will look "good", almost the same with Beckham.

7. the shah

True that. I'm looking for non patent, lace up (zipper or velcro accents are cool though), predominately black high tops. No gum sole, so SQ's margielas are out. Has anybody handled the s/s11 Silent sneaks and can comment on quality? $350 retail...
    R F X Also these are up for sale [​IMG]

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

rfx has both of those silent sneaks. bawse.
    im sure if you ask nicely, he'll chime in with some advice[​IMG]

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG]
    The funny thing to me about these mouth breathers is that ok they're into baller sneaks these days and are trend setters amongst their brethren and what not but why is it the rest of their clothes are still shitty? Jayz I can understand bc he's like a size 56 in mmm [​IMG] Btw usher is like 5'6" that's why we should get bm370 in here talking about his proportions.

10. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

The funny thing to me about these mouth breathers is that ok they're into baller sneaks these days and are trend setters amongst their brethren and what not but why is it the rest of their clothes are still shitty? Jayz I can understand bc he's like a size 56 in mmm [​IMG]

Btw usher is like 5'6" that's why we should get bm370 in here talking about his proportions.

i like the scarf ... but thats about it.

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

rfx has both of those silent sneaks. bawse. im sure if you ask nicely, he'll chime in with some advice[​IMG]
    Calling RFX! I actually sent him a PM regarding the DBSS but he didn't respond to me : ( These PH on his tumblr look really good too. [​IMG]

12. the shah

keep sending

13. snake

snake Senior member

R
    F
    X

Also these are up for sale
    [​IMG]

I wish there were cobblers in my area that would be able to resole sneakers like that. [​IMG]
    My julius sneakers will need it soon.

14. the shah

resoling seems quite a bit more difficult, didn't you have success with topy ?

15. snake

snake Senior member

Yeah I had a layer of topy added throughout the sole on my Julius sneakers (soles similar to ann d but smooth). That turned out well. Not sure if they'd be able to cut just the heel portion out and replace it with a rubber layer (and have it look good) like in those pics though.