Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

EDIT: The all black boots with white welt outline look really familiar too but I can't place them. Somebody remind me?
    Dior Homme [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

while we are on that pic, the sneakers on the far left look good. lace-less with a zip?

3. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maison-Martin-Ma...item25625369f2

$190 shipped for like new (in seller's words) black mids....size 40's what are you doing????

They look kinda beat in the front on pic. Also he told me the outsole measured 11.5"... That seems big for a 40, no?

4. dmash

dmash Senior member

They look kinda beat in the front on pic. Also he told me the outsole measured 11.5"... That seems big for a 40, no?

That seems more in line to a 41 IMO.

5. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Got the balenciaga highs in today, I know at least Shibbel ordered these the same time I did
    [​IMG]
    If I'm being honest I'm a little let down. The quality irl feels and looks a little cheaper than I hoped. They looked better in the stock photos, and they also are more attractive off my foot than on it. Size down 1 is a must, i still have room to spare so it seems they might be sized 1.5 large. Still a cool shoe, I'll hang on to it and maybe it'll grow on me.

Funny shit, I thought the same EXACT thing. Very very disappointed with the quality, and the sizing is as bad as Lanvins. Never in my life have I fit a 41, but I could have with these.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Looks like the Balenciaga I have coming isn't going o fit for sure. I guess it's going back then.

7. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Amazingly, I'm still on the fence [​IMG]

8. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

9. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Don't settle man, or else you'll end up like KVC and SQ, selling them because they don't fit right.

If the Balenciagas are indeed too big for me, they'll be going back for sure.

11. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

The shape really doesn't do it for me, and the quality is upsetting, though I know it won't bother anyone else looking. To be honest I didn't pick these up as a designer style shoe, I kopped because they're kind of absurd and dark hightops. I have enough mmm lanvin and cp, I'll put these next to my rafstros as something to wear when I want to freak people out a little bit.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'v handled this pair at Barneys year or so ago and quality isn't the ebst but it shouldn't fall aprt after a handful of wears. It's mostly due to the materials used though, they try to incorporate different things that may not be made of best quality.

13. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Don't settle man, or else you'll end up like KVC and SQ, selling them because they don't fit right. If the Balenciagas are indeed too big for me, they'll be going back for sure.
    so true.

14. Rishin

Rishin Active Member

If I'm being honest I'm a little let down. The quality irl feels and looks a little cheaper than I hoped. They looked better in the stock photos, and they also are more attractive off my foot than on it. Size down 1 is a must, i still have room to spare so it seems they might be sized 1.5 large. Still a cool shoe, I'll hang on to it and maybe it'll grow on me.

I just got these

[​IMG]
    I agree the quality is not what I was expecting, I was expcting Lanvin-esque but it's more along the lines of Gucci, YSL so not bad. The style is really what did it for me though, if they had another pair in my size I would have taken it. I also have to sterss you hae to size one down. I was dissapointed when they told me they didn't have 44/10 UK at the store because I'm ususally a 10.5/11 but I tried on the 43 for kicks and it fit perfectly.

15. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

^Right... No I get what you're saying.... But I guess the big difference is that the one's I picked up are kinda cool and yours are just hideous...soooooooo....
    just playin' buddy. but really those are ugly.