Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

how are you guys figuring they retail for 500 if oki-ni sells them for 720?

herp derp blackbird listed a julius leather for $3300 so that must be the retail price [​IMG]

2. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

herp derp blackbird listed a julius leather for $3300 so that must be the retail price [​IMG]

well for the average person unwilling to jump through 10 proxies and wait 6 months to get a shipment while maintaining the ability to actually return an item...and generally including some taxes (because in the end you will probably get fucked by customs), id say most of the prices on western websites are relatively accurate.

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

pfft, 10 proxies/taxes? wtfff

fuck western sites...the only thing they offer is being able to handle the garments up close, hide-san my boi. Plus, did you just mention customs taxes...when everyone ive read on here has had to pay them from ordering directly from ok-ni. Didn't you just read about synthese having his RO sneaks being held up by customs? I'll take my proxy, k thx

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

well for the average person unwilling to jump through 10 proxies and wait 6 months to get a shipment while maintaining the ability to actually return an item...and generally including some taxes (because in the end you will probably get fucked by customs), id say most of the prices on western websites are relatively accurate.

It is not nearly as hard as you make it sound.

1. Find link
    2. Send link + payment to proxy
    3. Receive item in roughly 2 weeks

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

yah, I can't believe someone who is an avid shopper is this clueless about proxies. You aren't buying a CCP leather...so it doesnt take 6 months to ship. In fact it takes 3 days usually for hide-san to get me my stuff, and I order from a ton of sites...even with the yen being strong and the assload of fees I haven't ever even breached the threshhold stores in the US charge for Julius, and I sometimes order directly from the Julius Flagship store..

6. diorowen

diorowen Member

maybe the DBSS sneakers seller isn't really aware of Japanese proxy,
    therefore he got it from US retail and sell it for that price.
    just maybe~..

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I'd like sell my purple Lanvin captoes but I have no idea on how to price them. I've never sold clothes, let alone sneakers, before. Everything is in mint condition I suppose. The toe is still shiny. Laces are intact. The only thing is the soles are a bit dirty from when I helped my sister with the groceries one time. But that was the only time I wore them and I put them straight back into the box afterwards. Could you possibly advise me? Thanks.

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

maybe the DBSS sneakers seller isn't really aware of Japanese proxy, therefore he got it from US retail and sell it for that price. just maybe~..
    well, yes, but thats besides the point. I am mainly angered by the refusal of posting good pics. If he gave me pics like the owner of the white ones did I woulda payed the price.

9. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

yah, I can't believe someone who is an avid shopper is this clueless about proxies. You aren't buying a CCP leather...so it doesnt take 6 months to ship. In fact it takes 3 days usually for hide-san to get me my stuff, and I order from a ton of sites...even with the yen being strong and the assload of fees I haven't ever even breached the threshhold stores in the US charge for Julius, and I sometimes order directly from the Julius Flagship store..

i'm not clueless about proxies. i just hate dealing with a third party because then you cant return shit.

i normally just fly to wherever the store is and actually try the shit on.

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

i normally just fly to wherever the store is and actually try the shit on.

good for you. nobody fucking cares and you know very well that

1. this isn't an option for anyone who would consider using a proxy to save money
    2. has nothing to do with the conversation anyway
    3. that you're just posting this to brag about how much money you have

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

Well, if I had the means I'd fly to japan and buy from there. I'd never buy it from here regardless of how much dough I can toss around. I especially wouldn't buy from NYC, because of dumbfuck luxury taxes, etc

Plus, you can't fault me on that cuz you were making some outrageous claims. Hide-san is pretty reasonable and prompt. Plus, I'm good at finding photos of each item I buy so I can make good judgements myself.

12. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

I'd like sell my purple Lanvin captoes but I have no idea on how to price them. I've never sold clothes, let alone sneakers, before. Everything is in mint condition I suppose. The toe is still shiny. Laces are intact. The only thing is the soles are a bit dirty from when I helped my sister with the groceries one time. But that was the only time I wore them and I put them straight back into the box afterwards. Could you possibly advise me? Thanks.

About $3.50. I'll be generous and give you $5, shipped.

13. diorowen

diorowen Member

well, yes, but thats besides the point. I am mainly angered by the refusal of posting good pics. If he gave me pics like the owner of the white ones did I woulda payed the price.

[​IMG].
    maybe you had actually aware of this ,
    some people actually did try to flip the price all around.
    so this is probably the scene, which I found it quite much happening around.

one guy saw an item in any auction or ebay or any site for a cheap price. [​IMG]
    then he post it in the forum with higher price, to see is there anyone who is willing to get that, [​IMG]
    then when someone actually interested, and want to buy, he get the thing and sell it for you for a better price.[​IMG]
    not saying its wrong though, but I guess one of the reason people can't take photos is this.

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

About $3.50. I'll be generous and give you $5, shipped.

I'm posting them up for 100$. I guess if nobody buys them, I'll consider 5$.

15. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Well, if I had the means I'd fly to japan and buy from there. I'd never buy it from here regardless of how much dough I can toss around. I especially wouldn't buy from NYC, because of dumbfuck luxury taxes, etc

Plus, you can't fault me on that cuz you were making some outrageous claims. Hide-san is pretty reasonable and prompt. Plus, I'm good at finding photos of each item I buy so I can make good judgements myself.

do you live in ny? you don't pay them unless you purchase it locally there.