1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. DLester

DLester Senior member

Haters gon hate on the mids, I'll be rocking it all summer long.

raf shirt looks good

2. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior member

As Knisse said though, they're hard to pull off if not wearing straight lounge wear.

Hey dmash, I just found out that you actually purchased them a few months ago! Do you still rock them or did you sell it?

3. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Don't understand all the hate towards the mids. I mean, I'd prefer the highs/lows but I wouldn't mind the mids at all.

4. dmash

dmash Senior member

Hey dmash, I just found out that you actually purchased them a few months ago! Do you still rock them or did you sell it?
    Sold, I had a 41, they just didn't fit right as I soon found out a 42 is better for me.

5. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior member

Sold, I had a 41, they just didn't fit right as I soon found out a 42 is better for me.

Ah, so it was just a matter of sizing issues. Were you pleased with the overall design/colour of the shoes?

6. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

I like the los the least but thats just me. I dont like lo sneakers. I think the mids look the best. (im not a big fan of the mmm gats but id rock the mids)

7. palma

palma Senior member

Jumping on this a bit late, but damn that is inspirational [​IMG] Do you pay retail for most? Some of those colorways seem like they went fast in the past seasons. If you ever get tired of the Lanvins in navy/red or Grey low tops let me know...[​IMG]
    Quick collection pic minus the LVs, Guccis and Pradas.
    [​IMG]

8. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

9. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

came across these fake baller sneaks on a Chinese ebay of sorts
    so cheap (and in some cases so poorly imitating the originals) i'm almost tempted to buy a few pairs just for lulz

lanvin (about $40 shipped)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gats ($30)
    [​IMG]

lanvin ($45)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

I'd actually wear those faux-lanvin at the bottom, if they actually looked like that in RL...

And I always thought it would be an interesting exercise to try and build a complete wardrobe consisting of nothing but fakes until I realized the Jershey Shore crowd beat me to it decades ago...

Hrm... I need to get one of my chinese friends over here and see how I can go about ordering some of those.. :p

11. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

12. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

I'd actually wear those faux-lanvin at the bottom...

And I always thought it would be an interesting exercise to try and build a complete wardrobe consisting of nothing but fakes until I realized the Jershey Shore crowd beat me to it decades ago...

yeah, those don't look too bad. here are few more detail shots.

[​IMG]

13. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

I'll take a chance on those GATS? Anyone here use taobao?

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

This is not the Official Faux-Baller Sneaker Thread ($5 Minimum)

15. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

16. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

there are two mmm white high-tops (40,41) on sale @ ln-cc, but they're women's. i had the 40s but ended up returning due to not liking how the perforated leather looks in person, but maybe it's just me
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. max-t

max-t Senior member

and the laces on the womens are small which kinda sucks

18. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

that's true, though the laces are also quite thin on some men's models so they might not be a distinctively feminine detail. the mids seem to have consistently thick laces for some reason.

[​IMG]

<

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<

[​IMG]

19. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior member

Is USPS generally cheaper than other shipping methods such as UPS, fedex, purolator? I just found out that Canada Post is on full lockout and this affects mailing via USPS -_______-

This is for my margielas, so I posted on this thread. Sorry for the off-topic inquiry!

20. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Is USPS generally cheaper than other shipping methods such as UPS, fedex, purolator? I just found out that Canada Post is on full lockout and this affects mailing via USPS -_______-

This is for my margielas, so I posted on this thread. Sorry for the off-topic inquiry!

Yes, USPS is generally the most economical option unless you hold a large account (large volume of transactions and shipments) with a shipping service such as UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc.