Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I don't do baller sneakers, but if I did... http://i.imgur.com/ms7VV.jpg
    That just looks like it wants to be a MMM high-top to me (cf. the piece sticking up and around from the back) -- I almost posted it earlier with that comment after seeing them on Yoox. I wonder if it has more structure than it appears to, or if it's really floppy. I like that you can see all the way through from the side (without a foot in it), though.
    I remember someone asking when the MMM chain hi's will be on sale, it' available now @ http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-trainers/...nvt/mm0872blk/ http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li7mvsFbKf1qcpaat.jpg
    I was one of them. But damn, just about $900. I assume I'd pick up my regular size in these if I find them on sale -- anybody confirm?

2. dmash

dmash Senior member

SQ-I know what you're saying, but the chart states '1.5 sizes bigger than the MARKED size'. That's saying that a Lanvin 7 fits a US 8.5. That's at least how I would interpret it. That's just pretty off because your 9.5 foot can fit into a Lanvin 7.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think it assumes that it is 1.5 bigger as marked and the size mark being in UK. So he is saying a Lanvin 7 = 8.5UK = 9.5US.

4. stick

stick Senior member

But the shoes are MARKED UK7, which is a US8, which fits a US9.5.

If you change it to say "2.5 sizes bigger than the marked size" like you seem to want to, it'll also screw over anyone not in the US, who's actually using UK sizing.

5. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Just to add to the confusion, I'm typically a 9.5US, but can not fit a Lanvin 7- way too tight.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Can anyone actually confirm that the marked Lanvin size is UK? Isn't it FR? [​IMG] Like I've stated before, I always see it as a separate origin (UK, US, IT, EU, etc..) because it is never clearly marked on their boxes or shoes.

7. dmash

dmash Senior member

I think this is what it should say. 'A Lanvin 7 typically fits 1 whole size bigger than its marked size. Therefore a Lanvin 7 fits a UK8 or a US9.'

8. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Just to add to the confusion, I'm typically a 9.5US, but can not fit a Lanvin 7- way too tight.

how tight? i full size or half size?

9. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

how tight? i full size or half size?
    I would say a half size too small- the 8s are about a half size too big.
    Can anyone actually confirm that the marked Lanvin size is UK? Isn't it FR? [​IMG] Like I've stated before, I always see it as a separate origin (UK, US, IT, EU, etc..) because it is never clearly marked on their boxes or shoes.
    They use UK sizing, not FR. and just to confirm, from their e-store... [​IMG]

10. whatever123

I would say a half size too small- the 8s are about a half size too big.

They use UK sizing, not FR.

yeah, thats the problem i have. im normally an 8.5 to small 9 (usa) size and if i did a size 7 they might be a 1/2 size large. these fuckers need to make 1/2 sizes.

hey dmash: how did your size 7s fit. i think your an 8.5, right. did the size 7 fit large on you?

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

yeah, thats the problem i have. im normally an 8.5 to small 9 (usa) size and if i did a size 7 they might be a 1/2 size large. these fuckers need to make 1/2 sizes.

hey dmash: how did your size 7s fit. i think your an 8.5, right. did the size 7 fit large on you?

Yes they did. I had to actually lace them up to make them fit. I'm just a touch under 8.5 measured out. I definitely had room to spare though. They should be pretty ideal for a US9.

Yeah, I'm tempted to try a Lanvin 6 but IDK if that's going to be too small.

12. whatever123

Yes they did. I had to actually lace them up to make them fit. I'm just a touch under 8.5 measured out. I definitely had room to spare though. They should be pretty ideal for a US9. Yeah, I'm tempted to try a Lanvin 6 but IDK if that's going to be too small.
    okay thanks. whats a touch under 8.5? that actually gives me some hope because im a large 8.5 and just slightly under a measured 9.

13. dmash

dmash Senior member

okay thanks. whats a touch under 8.5? that actually gives me some hope because im a large 8.5 and just slightly under a measured 9.

Like 8.375 lol.

14. whatever123

Like 8.375 lol.

yeah, ok thanks. i bet i could make a lanvin 7 work.

15. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

I know these aren't a fan favorite with a lot of guys in this thread but just got these in today:

[​IMG]

I'm a 40 in CP, got these in 41 and they are way more comfortable/roomy. 40 CP for me is pretty exact, but I def am liking the extra room these allow me.

Any way, pretty happy with them [​IMG] to each their own, I suppose.