***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Dunno why everyone is afraid of patent.

1. Patent fucking rules
    2. Mids fucking suck

2. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Fair enough question, and I have to give it some thought..

My primary passion in clothing is lounge wear. Nice materials and comfort. Sweats, hoodies, t shirts, henleys....that kind of stuff. But my lounge wear is not limited to just the house. I have no qualms going anywhere within reason decked in sweats. Beatin' around town. The mall. The grocery store. Coffee on Saturday morning. The casual bar across the street for bruch and bloodies - and anything the like.

Now to digress - I've read so much disgust and disbelief that people wear lounge wear outside the house (frickin' *gasp*). This sounds anti-humble, and is, but in my ugly suburb filled with vapid darling-obsessed soccer moms and "deputy SAIC program managers driving Chevy Capris" (lol) dads and North Face fleeces and Uggly bewts and diesel jeans and this shirt -- I know I look better than 90% of the SW&D DC-Metro-squaretoesketcher-wearing-sheeple-clueless-transplant-GPS-guided-starbuckzombies.

A young couple (suburbs - think TGI Fridays or something) will pass my girlfriend and I on the street and two things will happen. The guy will look at me and size me up out of curiosity and interest. The girl will look at me, size me up, then realize her covered in dog hair caveman boyfriend looks like shit and think of a subtle way to breach that sore topic that’s been on the tip of her tongue the past 3 months. The guy would probably nudge his girl and ask if she saw that "gay dude" and she'd probably just laugh nervously and remind him that his shoe's untied, again.

But to get back on track -- my other brands (aforementioned, some higher end) are only for occasions when lounge wear is not an option. A more formal lunch. A trip into the city one afternoon. An afterhours work happy hour. Casual Friday. Visiting the parents. Weekend trips. Parties.

but I have three main looks, and use when appropriate

#1 lounge wear
    #2 heroin-chic-w+h-dock-ninja (my WAYWT posts)
    #3 business

I can wear your run of the mill CP lows with #1 and #2 without a problem. But when it comes to higher end, more designed, luxe sneakers such as these, in question -- I don't yet have the ability (or 'drobe) to pair with #2. Thus by deduction that leaves them (i.e. truly lux sneakers) designated for #1, only.

My mantra as it relates to the above I can tie directly to a scene and quote in National Lampoons European Vacation. Rusty is in a high-end boutigue trying on clothing and coming out of the dressing room to consult with his sister..

"Hey, you look cool!"

"....I FEEL cool..." [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and that's all I really care about. Feeling cool. And looking cool can assist heavily with that. I hope this post sufficiently answers your question [​IMG] I am trying to leave money out of the discussion and response as best as possible. While I know it's interesting to people, it really has no relevance to these topics at hand.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Mids are awesome, not as great as the highs but their not that bad.

4. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

hahaha you sound like the coolest guy in town slack tide

i can tell because you used the word sheeple and that is an automatic sign for someone that is TRULY enlightened

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

Slack.......who gives a fuck? If you like wearing it, that's all you need to know. Just because somebody else claims luxe lounge is for suckers, that's his/her opinion. If you rock it, tell them politely that they can fuck off.

6. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

silhouette of mids never did it for me.

7. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

hahaha you sound like the coolest guy in town slack tide - alas, I am.

i can tell because you used the word sheeple and that is an automatic sign for someone that is TRULY enlightened - I understand sheeple is now a cliched internet term. I only used for lack of better options when stringing-together-words. Hoped it would just blend in and go unnoticed

dmash - i hear you man. loud & clear. trust.

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Fair enough question, and I have to give it some thought.. I know I look better than 90% of the SW&D DC-Metro-squaretoesketcher-wearing-sheeple-clueless-transplant-GPS-guided-starbuckzombies. A young couple (suburbs - think TGI Fridays or something) will pass my girlfriend and I on the street and two things will happen. The guy will look at me and size me up out of curiosity and interest. The girl will look at me, size me up, then realize her covered in dog hair caveman boyfriend looks like shit and think of a subtle way to breach that sore topic that’s been on the tip of her tongue the past 3 months. The guy would probably nudge his girl and ask if she saw that "gay dude" and she'd probably just laugh nervously and remind him that his shoe's untied, again. But to get back on track -- my other brands (aforementioned, some higher end) are only for occasions when lounge wear is not an option. A more formal lunch. A trip into the city one afternoon. An afterhours work happy hour. Casual Friday. Visiting the parents. Weekend trips. Parties. but I have three main looks, and use when appropriate #1 lounge wear #2 heroin-chic-w+h-dock-ninja (my WAYWT posts) #3 business I can wear your run of the mill CP lows with #1 and #2 without a problem. But when it comes to higher end, more designed, luxe sneakers such as these, in question -- I don't yet have the ability (or 'drobe) to pair with #2. Thus by deduction that leaves them (i.e. truly lux sneakers) designated for #1, only.
    bolded stuff got a lol out of me[​IMG] italic, hey i hit up starbucks everyday!! i just came back now actually. one of the other regulars who is 60+ or so called me over to get a peek of my kva cargo pants. he even liked the boots i had on lol. great to see some people can recognize quality without knowing who makes it. but yeah, i get your point. steve madden shoes with bootcut jeans...ugh why can cps be worn with trousers for the formal look? you should go dvn'd out a la: http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/d...ants-black.php http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/d...light-blue.php http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/d...ersey-navy.php three of my favourites from tres bien this season

9. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Raf velcro hi's are the same sole/size as cp's correct?

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

all rafs

11. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Thanks snowman [​IMG]

I am going to integrate CPs with a more formal look this spring. Especially with the washed browns. I'm looking for one more pair, too.

And I like that DVN look. That model always irks me a bit but I can see myself actually progressing towards something more in that direction. Baby steps... [​IMG]

I was going to post a before/after SF style transformation for teh lulz (what is the internet's current stance on that term, tween?). The one of me in front of a camp fire holding a coors light which drew a major flame war (my first day [​IMG] teehee)

edit; sorry for shittin' up this thread this AM with emotional, semi braggadocios and irrelevant paragraphs -- I'm back to work now...

12. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

all rafs

Thanks snow

13. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Great reply STide, for the record i was not after you or anything, i was curious to see if you found MMM-mids anymore lounge/casual wear than CP. I actually did devide my stuff in similar catagories (except the heroin thing [​IMG]) But now i am just mixing a lot of stuff, and try to work different "elements" together. But of course i also have a suit and matching shoe/belt that only get worn alone for those occasions.

14. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

15. shibbel

shibbel Senior member