***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

When I said 0.0001% of the population is going to recognize "those [boring] Margiela low-tops" I was attempting to criticize the people who do buy them to for brand recognition. Because, in my mind, the only reason to spend that much money on something only infinitesimally distinct from CPs (which are the plainest of the plain as far as I can think, and I don't have any hate for them either) would be for the brand, since there's no great element of visible "design" in this particular pair.

So first you say people won't recognize MMM but then say that people buy them because they're MMM even though people won't be able to tell that they are MMM? You are saying CP is the most minimal but the achilles retail for $400+ now but you seem to have no problem with it when it is the most plain design out there.

And you are saying you can't tell MMM GATs from CP's?

I mean seriosuly, if you think the difference between CP and MMM GAT is very minute, then you need to get some glasses because they are two very different sneakers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I mean seriously, look again, you are really telling me there is very little difference between the styling in those two shoes?

And then you say...

N.B. design (to me) means visual interest or unconventional functionality.

but....

I don't see the fuss over those MMM lows precisely because they lack any styling that could possibly -- yes, TO ME -- make them worth three hundred dollars (and that's the discounted Yoox price).

And you say you're not into brand but picked a brand that has a huge "N" on every pair of shoe they ever produced as an example and call that interesting? All your arguments are conflicting with each other.

One last time, I don't think the lows under discussion are godawful, hideously ugly, or low-quality. I just don't get the appeal of a sneaker with such minimal "styling" (your word) when it costs that much money, but again, if you love it for your own reasons, have at it.

Look, these sneakers are luxury items, they are not meant to be a reasonable purchase. You do not want to talk about quality but can't accept that other like the shoes for it's style. Style is subjective, everyone has their own. You say "if you love it for your own reasons, have at it" and we were and that is what we have been telling you but you continue with your stupid theory that people only buy it for the name and brand.

2. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

And you say you're not into brand but picked a brand that has a huge "N" on every pair of shoe they ever produced as an example and call that interesting? All your arguments are conflicting with each other.
    I'd want to keep conversing with you if you weren't such an abominable cunt in every single post. What brand has an "N" on every pair of shoes?
    So first you say people won't recognize MMM but then say that people buy them because they're MMM even though people won't be able to tell that they are MMM?
    This is pure dissembling/disingenuity, and it's why I won't waste any more time after I finish this next sentence. Most people (general populace) obviously do not recognize MMM, you and I both know that. The people who DO buy them to be recognized only care about the recognition of their fellow self-professed connaisseurs.
    I can only dream of the day this shoe shows up somewhere in a 43, and not with that garbage patent detailing of recent
    If they're what I think they are (hard to tell from dark pics but my monitor contrast is also starting to go) I love them but didn't have money for them the couple times I saw them FS on SF/SuFu. EDIT - these without the crazy chain detail: [​IMG]

3. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

i have the balenciaga vegas store sending me pics of the sneakers they have in stock.

ill post pics if some of you want to know.

4. dmash

dmash Senior member

5. GoldenTribe

Please do, Whatever.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

those pictures get me excited for mine to arrive.

7. GoldenTribe

I know this isn't the kop thread but I just came across a pair of Les Hommes shoes I already own on eBay for $67 (his are size 46, should fit a true US 12.5-13), so if anybody has larger feet than I do these are pretty awesome IMO. Two buckles and a ring zipper pull like Jil/MJ/KVA started to use a lot the last little while. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=380214910201 [​IMG] (I'm fairly confident retail was north of 300 if there's any question of relevance, LH is as expensive as it is obscure)

8. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Please do, Whatever.

sure. what size are you? i just asked for what they had in my size ... i think im either a 40 or 41. the salesman said he thought the sneakers run just a little large.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'd want to keep conversing with you if you weren't such an abominable cunt in every single post.

I'm a cunt, I am trying to be a civil here as possible, youjust mad because you're stupid logic makes no sense. Trust me, I am Mary fucking Poppins compared to what these other guys can dish if they lash out at you.

What brand has an "N" on every pair of shoes?

I presumed the "N.B." from your example = New Balance.

I seriously just do not get why you keep saying people buy MMM because it is made by MMM but it cannot be recognized by other people on the street? That is like saying it makes no sense people buy LV Taiga leather because it is LV but w/o any distinct design that says it is LV so people recognize it. It is plain and a simple bag, so why buy LV for the price? Is it possible that people might just like it w/o caring that no one recognizes it?

Your argument would have made make sense if you said it was to impress the interwebs, which is sad if that is the reason, but no, you continue to argue people buy them for the name yet no one will know what the shoes are. Then you continue to say that people shouldn't buy for the name and continue to dismiss that people may actually like the shoes and do not want quality to play a role, or want people to use it to argue with.

Like I said, style is subjective and just like you have you're own opinion in no liking the shoe, others does. Accept that not everyone has to see the same thing you do and then there will be no argument here.

MMM lows has a very distinct style, based from the German Army Trainers, you will not confuse it with CP. But for some reason, you can't see it.

It's good that you will stop responding to me because frankly, I've lost enough brain cells reading your replies on the matter.

10. GoldenTribe

(@ whatever123) Can't buy any clothes this month, I was just hoping for some cool photos. EDIT: jesus, every time I hit submit there's a new post since what I was replying to. RFX: NB is nota bena (note well), New Balance is disgusting.
    Your argument would have made make sense if you said it was to impress the interwebs, which is sad if that is the reason, but no, you continue to argue people buy them for the name yet no one will know what the shoes are. Then you continue to say that people shouldn't buy for the name and continue to dismiss that people may actually like the shoes and do not want quality to play a role, or want people to use it to argue with.
    Have you not heard of Hermes Man? Of course it's pathetic. You keep telling me I'm wrong and then agreeing.

11. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Two buckles and a ring zipper pull like Jil/MJ/KVA started to use a lot the last little while. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=380214910201 [​IMG]
    Thank you for this. If there was any doubt, you have removed it. You are a fucking idiot with no taste who wants a company to give you their first born son for spending $300 on a pair of shoes. Go convince margeila to add a "M" on the side, or some blinking lights when you walk, to justify the price, moron. You are obviously not a baller.

12. GoldenTribe

^ Try harder?

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Have you not heard of Hermes Man? Of course it's pathetic. You keep telling me I'm wrong and then agreeing.

People buy Hermes for the interwebs? My old employer owns 25 Hermes bags and she probably doesn't know what Facebook is.

How can I agree with you when that isn't what you were trying to say? If you had simply said "people only bought MMM to impress the forums and that is sad" then I would have agreed that it is sad. However, you are practically implying everyone that buys MMM only buys them for that recognition but that isn't true at all. You keep saying you don't see the styling attractive but I keep saying people do and as proof, it is GAT style and a lot of people like it. If the OG German Army Trainers were readily available and had decent quality, then people would buy that, the same with the Adidas Resplit. But those alternatives aren't readily available so if someone likes the style, they have to go with MMM. Is that really hard to understand? Why can't you get the concept that people just like them because they like them?

You're stuck in trying to prove people only buy it for the name and you won't accept any other answer. I tried to say style but you said it doesn't have style and looks like CP (it clearly doesn't). You don't want to hear about quality so that argument goes down the drain. You are leaving people with the only option to agree with you and when no one does you get mad. Some people like it, some don't, get over it.

14. GoldenTribe

Let's just agree I said this.
    I think the lows are boring but I didn't criticize anybody for liking them.
    [​IMG]

15. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

New lo top all white gats for $220 shipped. Size 46 for anyone with a big foot. http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...d.php?t=264178 New black lo top all white gats for $250 shipped. size 45 http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...=257072&page=4 new blue lo top blue gats for $220, size 43 http://www1.yoox.com/item/YOOX/MAISO...H/sts/sr_men80 Lanvin brown with white sole lowtops size 7 http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...=258855&page=2
    [​IMG] kopped the blue gats. I'm looking at getting two more pairs of sneakers this year: [​IMG] and a pair of Lanvins, but I can't find a pair I like. I want a contrast cap toe sneaker, and I know I want a low-top sneaker, but I don't want patent on the toe. Polished calfskin or anything else is cool by me, but I just don't get along well with patent leather. Halp?