***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Whatever dude. If you would have just said you didn't like them, it would have been fine, a lot of people does it but you continued to defend yourself by saying no one would look at them if they were made by Adidas. And that no one would say "nice MMMs", that is pretty clear.

Not everyone is going to like it but some will, it is as simple as that. In the end, it doesn't matter what the reason is for buying it.

2. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

How fitting that your avatar is a monkey- because the "you're buying it because of the name" argument is primitive as fuck. Who cares. Cry me a fucking river already.

3. Lupo

Lupo Well-Known Member

I'm a 6.25 and I wear a 39. It's a snug fit with socks. I would recommend sizing up to a 40 on the MMM
    Thanks just printed out this, http://www.naturalizershoestore.com/...asure_Male.pdf, brannock tool, and it says i am a 6, little above, probably same size as you....so i think the 39 in CP and 40 in MMM should be perfect...Thanks agian for all your help

4. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

How fitting that your avatar is a monkey- because the "you're buying it because of the name" argument is primitive as fuck. Who cares. Cry me a fucking river already.
    Laughable.

5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Snark snark snark

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

get em
    [​IMG]

7. stick

stick Senior member

Added a few entries. I made an entry for the CP training boots under the sneakers section since they're closer to sneakers than boots.

8. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

9. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Laughable.
    how is it laughable? do you buy because of the quality and styling of a garment or do you buy so people know what you bought when your in public?

10. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

how is it laughable? do you buy because of the quality and styling of a garment or do you buy so people know what you bought when your in public?

I think people are confusing what I was criticizing with what I was supporting. When I said 0.0001% of the population is going to recognize "those [boring] Margiela low-tops" I was attempting to criticize the people who do buy them to for brand recognition. Because, in my mind, the only reason to spend that much money on something only infinitesimally distinct from CPs (which are the plainest of the plain as far as I can think, and I don't have any hate for them either) would be for the brand, since there's no great element of visible "design" in this particular pair.

N.B. design (to me) means visual interest or unconventional functionality. Big "D&G" across the side is not design. And it doesn't have to be loud, it can be subtle or even nearly invisible (e.g. I appreciate the single hook-and-eyelet closure on the fly of each pair of MMM trousers). I don't think people SHOULD buy clothes or shoes for the brand, but the fact remains that lots of people DO. On some level, a designer name has become a shortcut to acknowledgment of quality (even when the quality is no longer there).

I don't see the fuss over those MMM lows precisely because they lack any styling that could possibly -- yes, TO ME -- make them worth three hundred dollars (and that's the discounted Yoox price). If you want to try and argue the "quality of the sneaker" up to MSRP on some empirical basis, be my guest.

My point about Adidas was about the brand/'tier' issue, but apparently Adidas did in fact make some sort of near-replica I don't know about so the entire discussion got derailed by people mistakenly accusing me of being some LV brand whore.

One last time, I don't think the lows under discussion are godawful, hideously ugly, or low-quality. I just don't get the appeal of a sneaker with such minimal "styling" (your word) when it costs that much money, but again, if you love it for your own reasons, have at it.

11. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I think people are confusing what I was criticizing with what I was supporting. When I said 0.0001% of the population is going to recognize "those [boring] Margiela low-tops" I was attempting to criticize the people who do buy them to for brand recognition.
    So in other words, nobody.

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

God can everyone stfu and just talk about how cool baller sneakers are?

13. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

God can everyone stfu and just talk about how cool baller sneakers are?

yup.

who is stocking balenciaga sneakers?

14. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

15. dmash

dmash Senior member

I can only dream of the day this shoe shows up somewhere in a 43, and not with that garbage patent detailing of recent

Yeah those are some of the cleanest looking ones if you're not into the crazy colors. Just awesome!