1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

^-vomit

Anyone know about this brand, Officine Creative Italia? Seems to be a bit of a knockoff of Lanvins.

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...=sr_shoesmen80

Sorry dont know how to post a yoox image...[​IMG]

http://www.officinecreativeitalia.com/

I'm only familiar with their boots, which - although the design was actually always pretty decent - left a lot to be desired in the past when it came to their construction. Coming off soles and seams were basically daily fare and led to a lot of unsatisfied customers; including myself. I ordered a pair about 1.5 years ago from Yoox and returned them without raising an eyebrow when I saw how cheaply the soles were only glued on ( not to mention how uncofortable they were ). It seems like they raised their standard of quality by now, though. When I was in Berlin earlier this year, I saw their new collection at Riccardo Cartillone and didn't see any glue-smeared soles. LOL ! They're still overpriced though and surely not a bang for the buck... ( at retail )

Officine Creative mainly makes dress shoes/boots in a similar style as NDC and F+B. Their ok I guess on deep discount, I wouldn't rate them as close to Lanvin in quality, probably along the lines of Neil Barrett.

N.D.C. > F&B > Officine Creative

My black Neil Barrett mid-tops aren't lower quality than any Lanvins I've put my hands on so far. The soles are identically and the upper-/leather quality absolutely on par...

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I said style-wise, they are similar, as in they do a lot of distressed, worn out look with their shoes and boots. Not the same in terms of quality or looks exactly but style is pretty much the same.

The Neil Barretts I've handled was definitely not on par with Lanvins. I would even say it is lower quality than even CPs if not the same. I can't recall but I don't think Neil Barrett has leather lining either.

3. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

^agreed, but please don't post anything you find tasteful because they are probably garbage

Wow, you sure are cool.

4. jet

jet Senior member

don't you wear jcrew? gtfo of my thread

5. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Today I wore my Generic Mans and they're fantastic. I get some incredulous stares because they're bright-ass silver foil and I'm usually a drab, charcoal/black/navy/gray kinda guy but they just don't know bout my stealthwealth. (3)

[​IMG]

6. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

I said style-wise, they are similar, as in they do a lot of distressed, worn out look with their shoes and boots. Not the same in terms of quality or looks exactly but style is pretty much the same.
    I know. I wasn't contradicting you when I said "N.D.C. > F&B > OC". It was just my personal opinion on the labels and how they compare... ( style- as well as quality-wise )
    The Neil Barretts I've handled was definitely not on par with Lanvins. I would even say it is lower quality than even CPs if not the same. I can't recall but I don't think Neil Barrett has leather lining either.
    I'm not sure how Neil Barrett sneakers, depending on model and season, vary quality-wise. I can only talk about my pair and the few pairs I got my hands on in stores. Mine are identically soled as Lanvins, Y's etc., made of very similar leather and don't look cheap at all. You're right about the lining, though. NB's are unlined... PS: I'm referring to Lanvin low-tops... ( if that makes a difference )

7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

i think i regret sleeping on those lanvins [​IMG] [​IMG] goodnight, sweet prince

8. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's ok, boots fit your wardrobe a lot better anyways.

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

It's ok, boots fit your wardrobe a lot better anyways.

i def agree but i need some sneakers

10. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

I saw them at Colette and Lanvin and they suck, like big time. Well they look like those brown trekking shoes engineers wear to class.
    hahaha. dude they are like magic. when you put them on they look awesome. they have this narrow, arrowhead feel to them. i think it goes really well with chino/khaki colored pants. ill blow up waywt with them soon enough ;-)

I know. I wasn't contradicting you when I said "N.D.C. > F&B > OC". It was just my personal opinion on the labels and how they compare... ( style- as well as quality-wise )

I'm not sure how Neil Barrett sneakers, depending on model and season, vary quality-wise. I can only talk about my pair and the few pairs I got my hands on in stores. Mine are identically soled as Lanvins, Y's etc., made of very similar leather and don't look cheap at all. You're right about the lining, though. NB's are unlined...

PS: I'm referring to Lanvin low-tops... ( if that makes a difference )

you musn't have had your hands on lanvins anytime recently considering lanvin hasn't been using that CP/Raf/Balenciaga sole for like 2 years now. there is no difference between the soles on the low and hi-tops btw (aside from colors occasionally).

i think i regret sleeping on those lanvins [​IMG]
    told you, you should have bought them. I vote no on the leopard print dbss. they lack versatility & longevity i think.

rfx45: im just teasing but you really need to learn to get your their/they're/theres straight

11. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

12. jet

jet Senior member

Mine with the old sole is better.

13. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

dude, i hate the old soles!
    its the only thing i dislike about the rafs. well....that and their shallow toe box, but that seems to be getting better

14. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

15. Razele

Razele Senior member

Mine with the old sole is better.
    + a trillion I will kop another pair of lanvin's when I see some more I like.

16. aeglus

17. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

pretty sure I posted these already!

lol. except mine are real [​IMG]

18. aeglus

lol. except mine are real [​IMG]

if I had a real pair I'd probably buy a fake one just to see how close they got it

anyways those look good [​IMG]

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I actually like the newer midsole on the Lanvins, probably because it is different from any others out there. The old ones looks pretty generic now, not that it's a bad thing but I jus tlike the overall look of the new midsole.

20. Listi

Listi Senior member

I actually like the newer midsole on the Lanvins, probably because it is different from any others out there. The old ones looks pretty generic now, not that it's a bad thing but I jus tlike the overall look of the new midsole.

Agreed. I feel like it used to be only high end sneaks using that sole but now it's just like everyone making a low-profile sneaker automatically defaults to it. I mean, nothing wrong with it. Just hoping to see people using new soles in newer collections as the freshness of it is going down.

@uncontrol: [​IMG] never sleep on shoes that are that cool and that in line with your wardrobe.