***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

"Before his show on Saturday night, Mr. Simons announced that he had severed his dealings with his manufacturing partner, leaving open the question of when he will be able to sell the fall 2011 collection to store buyers. Perhaps he will be able to do so by the women’s ready-to-wear shows in February. Unfortunately, small and independent designers face challenges of this kind all the time. He’ll just have to work it out." http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2011...de-raf-simons/
    And here's a little behind-the-scenes industry news that's kind of rocking our world this morning: WWD is reporting that Raf Simons will be taking sales appointments in New York this season—and, in addition to men's wear, he'll be hawking heritage and homewares. What? Raf Simons homewares? Where can put our names on that waiting list? A spokesman for Simons said the designer’s usual factories would produce the fall collection, which put a futuristic spin on collegiate style. The blankets some models toted on the runway, in patterns matching their slim sweaters, form part of Raf Simons House, a new range for the home that will relate to the seasonal fashion collections. Simons trained as an industrial designer in Genk, Belgium. The heritage collection, labeled Raf Simons 1995, consists of about 40 iconic and classic styles since the label’s inception, including schoolboy blazers, military parkas and “R” logo shirts updated for today. via Racked

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

^ That fool should focus on his clothing line(s).

3. sipang

sipang Senior member

Yo that's old news. Raf just gets it, subversion is dead so now he's making silverware.

4. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

^ That fool should focus on his clothing line(s).

+1. reproducing previous season garments sounds like a cool idea but the home wares is just retarded.
    this guy needs to focus less on boring suits and get back to his really avante stuff.

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

how are these guys selling pre-orders for Raf Simons AW2011/12 if it's still unclear how/if the stuff is even going to be produced?

u kopping

6. sipang

sipang Senior member

Raf Simons, the Belgian fashion designer and creative director of the Jil Sander label, talks about working for a niche market and big business.

[...]

There [in Italy] it's more about beauty, light- hearted cheerfulness, carefree jauntiness.

Raf Simons :Voilà ! That's what I used to criticize, but I don't any more. It's important to realize that pure beauty is just as important to the rest of the world of fashion, even if it's not so important to me personally. You have to understand this if you really want to achieve something in the fashion world. You can't operate against the system.

7. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

Who has tiny feet?

Someone proxy these for me, to the UK. Will provide free proxy service in future for anyone willing. [​IMG]

Fawking bump.

Someone hook me up. [​IMG]

8. computurd

computurd Senior member

How is the sizing on MMM low GATs?

Is it like Common Projects?

9. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

10. Razele

Razele Senior member

Re: Raf

Everything has it's life cycle, just enjoy it while your able to.

There would be quite a few things I'd buy if he remade them but i doubt it's going to ever go back to the good ol' Raf days. Raf by Raf was ment to be recreations of old items and it's pretty lulllz for the most part.

11. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Dude, they're sold out.

12. computurd

computurd Senior member

Mellowfellow is it size up from what I usually wear or size up from what I wear in common projects

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I'm so down for Raf Simons Home. (0)

14. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

gross. [​IMG]

15. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Mellowfellow is it size up from what I usually wear or size up from what I wear in common projects
    CPs run big. MMMs run TTS. Why do we have to reiterate this shit every few weeks?