***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. coti

coti Member

Anyone know where I could cop a pair of mmm GAT lows in white or painted white for cheaper than the $400+ that oki-ni has them for?

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

^Barneys warehouse sale by all accounts.

3. strongisland

strongisland Well-Known Member

Barneys sneaker selection was whittled down to complete crap by 10 am the first day unless you're an extreme size.

4. coti

coti Member

I'm looking for a 44--would the chance of finding a pair at the warehouse sale be worth the hour drive to LA tomorrow morning?

5. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

haters gonna hate?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But but but the hem, the stacks......snookie and co [​IMG]

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG] you guys are truly hopeless nerds. Are you really all talking about the way the jeans fall on the shoes as if I should have carefully doctored it in a specific shape? It just falls - done.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

[​IMG] But but but the hem, the stacks......snookie and co [​IMG]
    This is hilarious levels of sad. You're transparently only giving the thumbs up because you own the identical item and want to justify that purchase to yourself. Not only is anoyone with a different opinion wrong, they're embarassingly wrong! This post is a quintessential example of how to fail at internet forums. Pathetic and pathetically obvious.
    [​IMG] you guys are truly hopeless nerds. Are you really all talking about the way the jeans fall on the shoes as if I should have carefully doctored it in a specific shape? It just falls - done.
    Uh, not even denying that everyone involved in this thread is a geek, are you seriously saying that you bought a pair of Raf Simons Astronaut Boots without contemplating how they're meant to be worn? Like, you bought these things not realizing that stacking was the presumed way to wear them? Also you're totally full of shit saying that's "how your jeans fell". You put the jeans on and then you slid them over the top of the sneakers. I have 2 pairs of those shoes and jeans with bigger leg openings than that, and have worn the shoes like that. They do not just "fall that way". These posts are particularly butt hurt / insecure in light of the fact that no one even said it looked bad there - we can't tell if it looks good or not from a low angle shot that doesn't show anything above your ankles. The comments were merely: a) It's generally hard to make astros look good when you don't stack them because they end up looking stuffed into your jeans, and b) Astros are generally intended to be stacked. Those general observations aren't even debatable. Calm the fuck down, ladies, I'm sure you'll convince yourselves they look good on you no matter what.

8. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

This is hilarious levels of sad. You're transparently only giving the thumbs up because you own the identical item and want to justify that purchase to yourself. Not only is anoyone with a different opinion wrong, they're embarassingly wrong! This post is a quintessential example of how to fail at internet forums. Pathetic and pathetically obvious.

Uh, not even denying that everyone involved in this thread is a geek, are you seriously saying that you bought a pair of Raf Simons Astronaut Boots without contemplating how they're meant to be worn? Like, you bought these things not realizing that stacking was the presumed way to wear them? Also you're totally full of shit saying that's "how your jeans fell". You put the jeans on and then you slid them over the top of the sneakers. I have 2 pairs of those shoes and jeans with bigger leg openings than that, and have worn the shoes like that. They do not just "fall that way".

These posts are particularly butt hurt / insecure in light of the fact that no one even said it looked bad there - we can't tell if it looks good or not from a low angle shot that doesn't show anything above your ankles. The comments were merely:
    a) It's generally hard to make astros look good when you don't stack them because they end up looking stuffed into your jeans, and
    b) Astros are generally intended to be stacked.

Those general observations aren't even debatable. Calm the fuck down, ladies, I'm sure you'll convince yourselves they look good on you no matter what.

Hahahahaha! Are you in Gen Psych? How can you possibly take that away from a thumbs up...jesus.
    I simply liked the shoes...hence I bought them. I am not saying your opinion is wrong, but saying that at this point you are just pulling shit out of your ass. Oh congratulations on "winning" the internet forum, you are truly the badest ever!

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I take that from multiple years moderating web forums and watching how teenagers behave on them. Your post up there was reminiscent of said teenagers. Once you've seen a hundred discrete screen names do exactly the same thing a pattern emerges. You're #101 or so. "Baddest" has two d's and thank you, I aim to please. Now go read WAYWT, I have instructed you on a potentially useful way to wear these shoes you like so much (puzzlingly since you seem to want to hide as much of the design as possible under the hem of your pants).

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

LOL are you a little stressed or what? WTF is that rant about? I choose to just let me jeans fall on my shoes (like... uh... 99.999995% of the population?). Is that really so hard to believe? Why exactly would I lie about it to a bunch of high school kids on the internet?

I don't give a flying shit how you or others think these shoes should be worn or stacked or what holes I should lace them. It makes me LOL that's all. Also, this is not WAYWT or some sort of stacking dissertation thread. It's meant to be for posting pictures of sneakers - not to invite critiques of my lower jeans fit... [​IMG]

Carry on

PS: I really don't give a shit if you like my brown shoes or not. REALLY

11. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

Dude you posted a close up pic of the shoes with the jeans over them. Did you not want feedback? I think the shoes are cool, I'd probably wear them myself. I just noted the jeans look weird stretched over the shoe.

12. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I take that from multiple years moderating web forums and watching how teenagers behave on them. Your post up there was reminiscent of said teenagers. Once you've seen a hundred discrete screen names do exactly the same thing a pattern emerges. You're #101 or so. "Baddest" has two d's and thank you, I aim to please. Now go read WAYWT, I have instructed you on a potentially useful way to wear these shoes you like so much (puzzlingly since you seem to want to hide as much of the design as possible under the hem of your pants).

Oh, sorry there, but I am not a teenager and don't have all day to be here so my replies are to the point. Like I said when you start on the guys jeans it's just ass talk, that included the people who agreed. Thats just my opinion don't get the panties in a bunch.

The way you talk about me taking away from the silhouette and hiding the design...it's just something I have no interest in. I liked the shoes, the cost does not matter to me, I wear them.
    I understand the way they are meant to be worn and they might look better with stacks and what not to you guys, but ultimately I can't justify sitting there making my jeans stack perfectly like I am chick getting her hair just right. It just falls where it falls. I don't agree much with gdl, but that I agree with

LOL are you a little stressed or what? WTF is that rant about? I choose to just let me jeans fall on my shoes (like... uh... 99.999995% of the population?). Is that really so hard to believe? Why exactly would I lie about it to a bunch of high school kids on the internet?

I don't give a flying shit how you or others think these shoes should be worn or stacked or what holes I should lace them. It makes me LOL that's all. Also, this is not WAYWT or some sort of stacking dissertation thread. It's meant to be for posting pictures of sneakers - not to invite critiques of my lower jeans fit... [​IMG]

Carry on

PS: I really don't give a shit if you like my brown shoes or not. REALLY

I give up man, can't reply anymore about these shoes

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

It's meant to be for posting pictures of sneakers - not to invite critiques of my lower jeans fit... [​IMG]
    Good thing no one critiqued that, and merely discussed the sneakers and various ways to wear them. At least until you raised it yourself. Also for someone completely nonchalant, it's weird you took the time to come back and add a bunch of stuff to your post via stealth-edit. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. PS I like rafstros. These are not my favourite but I like them. My recent post in the WAYWT thread about how they might be worn is truth, I would actually like to see that and think it could look good. Note: The preceding paragraph of this post was a general comment, as GDL REALLY wants to make it clear that he doesn't care what anyone thinks, but I hope it makes him feel a little better anyway.
    The way you talk about me taking away from the silhouette and hiding the design...it's just something I have no interest in. I liked the shoes, the cost does not matter to me, I wear them.
    First, this is just a baffling thing to purchase if you're not full of shit, and second, you're full of shit, because if you didn't care, why would you have joined and continued to post ad nauseum about the damned things on an internet forum? Clearly it's something beyond "those are cool" even if you're just looking for validation or whatever.

14. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Good thing no one critiqued that, and merely discussed the sneakers and various ways to wear them. At least until you raised it yourself. Also for someone completely nonchalant, it's weird you took the time to come back and add a bunch of stuff to your post via stealth-edit. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

PS I like rafstros. These are not my favourite but I like them. My recent post in the WAYWT thread about how they might be worn is truth, I would actually like to see that and think it could look good.

Note: The preceding paragraph of this post was a general comment, as GDL REALLY wants to make it clear that he doesn't care what anyone thinks, but I hope it makes him feel a little better anyway.

First, this is just a baffling thing to purchase if you're not full of shit, and second, you're full of shit, because if you didn't care, why would you have joined and continued to post ad nauseum about the damned things on an internet forum? Clearly it's something beyond "those are cool" even if you're just looking for validation or whatever.

I joined before I got the shoes, and I reply to questions and critiques with my opinion on a -Gasp- forum..

But yeah I am done, later bud

15. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

LOL are you a little stressed or what? WTF is that rant about? I choose to just let me jeans fall on my shoes (like... uh... 99.999995% of the population?). Is that really so hard to believe? Why exactly would I lie about it to a bunch of high school kids on the internet? I don't give a flying shit how you or others think these shoes should be worn or stacked or what holes I should lace them. It makes me LOL that's all. Also, this is not WAYWT or some sort of stacking dissertation thread. It's meant to be for posting pictures of sneakers - not to invite critiques of my lower jeans fit... [​IMG] Carry on PS: I really don't give a shit if you like my brown shoes or not. REALLY
    people are bored i think? dont sweat it. i think they work. take the good advice and leave the rest.