Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

This is why I'm happy I bought my sneakers. Now I can buy shit that will actually look good with the shoes I'm wearing. Plus it just makes me feel a lot better than wearing chucks or jack purcells every bloody day. I mean, it looks good...but the swagger just isn't there..[​IMG]

2. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Just wondering if you knew nicelynice, but has all the DBSS SS10 stuff dropped in the stores in Japan? Because a lot of the online stockist I had looked at didn't have a bunch of the SS10 stuff yet.

There are still more items for DBSS SS10 that have yet to be released in Japan! Although the SS10 collection is quite large so there's a good chance the stores you're looking at didn't order the items you want.

Here are some pictures of the new DBSS sneakers from their late summer 2010 collection....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Listi

Listi Senior member

This is why I'm happy I bought my sneakers. Now I can buy shit that will actually look good with the shoes I'm wearing. Plus it just makes me feel a lot better than wearing chucks or jack purcells every bloody day. I mean, it looks good...but the swagger just isn't there..[​IMG]
    My chucks and purcells are so unappreciated now that I have black and white cps lol it just seems so pointless to buy non-baller sneakers now, since I just won't wear them much... I'm really starting to see the truth in buy few, but make them worth it. I don't need 20 sneakers, I'd rather have a few I love. I'm so torn about what I want to do this summer footwear wise... copped cuban heels, but dunno whether I wanna save up for some Lanvins or whether I should buy some Paul Smith brogues because I have 0 brown shoes. My only debate is that I could probably find other brown brogues vintage/thrift/ebay that would be just as good and a lot less than PS, but Lanvin is Lanvin, no substitutes. We'll see... Maybe I'll just find solid pairs of each on ebay/B&S for $200 and manage to afford both :p @kelvin: Thanks for the input, I'll make sure to keep them on my list and not settle.

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

paul smith brogues are worth it and won't be in the same ballpark as the vinrtage/thrift just bc of quirkiness factror

5. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

There are still more items for DBSS SS10 that have yet to be released in Japan! Although the SS10 collection is quite large so there's a good chance the stores you're looking at didn't order the items you want.

Here are some pictures of the new DBSS sneakers from their late summer 2010 collection....

IMAGES

Ah I see, I still prefer the velcro sneakers over those. If you wouldn't mind could you tell me some of the DBSS online stockists you use?

6. snake

snake Senior member

Not considering purchasing sneakers anytime soon, but I would autokop these if they popped up in my size. [​IMG]

7. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

What are they? Look like Ann D or something.

9. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Senior member

Where can I buy some pierre hardy/lanvin sneakers other than luisaviaroma?

10. snake

snake Senior member

Yeah old Ann D

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

My chucks and purcells are so unappreciated now that I have black and white cps lol

it just seems so pointless to buy non-baller sneakers now, since I just won't wear them much... I'm really starting to see the truth in buy few, but make them worth it. I don't need 20 sneakers, I'd rather have a few I love. I'm so torn about what I want to do this summer footwear wise... copped cuban heels, but dunno whether I wanna save up for some Lanvins or whether I should buy some Paul Smith brogues because I have 0 brown shoes. My only debate is that I could probably find other brown brogues vintage/thrift/ebay that would be just as good and a lot less than PS, but Lanvin is Lanvin, no substitutes. We'll see...

Maybe I'll just find solid pairs of each on ebay/B&S for $200 and manage to afford both :p

@kelvin: Thanks for the input, I'll make sure to keep them on my list and not settle.

Paul Smith brogues are great, you really can't go wrong with them and often go on sale for around $200-$250 too so do not need to break bank to get one, especially the Starrs and Millers, both just never seems to sell out and they are readily available every season.

I agree with Kelv too, there just isn't anything out there that compares to the aesthetics PS has. The dip-dye color alone is enough for it to be unique compared to other shoes out there.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Where can I buy some pierre hardy/lanvin sneakers other than luisaviaroma?

Barneys.com stillc arries plenty of Lanvins and they used to carry Pierre Hardy but I don't think they do anymore.

Due to this thread, I really miss E-Luxury. It used to be the one stop shop for some nice baller sneakers.

13. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

@kelvin: Thanks for the input, I'll make sure to keep them on my list and not settle.
    I'm not saying to NOT purchase brown dress shoes (wingtips or otherwise) through the other methods as that's fine too. It's just that the PS's are more distinctive, very interesting and more for when you WANT to dress in a certain way, whereas other dress shoes are more appropriate for times when you "should" wear dress shoes. I had oakwood dip-dyed starrs and they were gorgeous. I'd take them out of the box sometimes just to look at them. They didn't get much use so I had to sell them. GoSurface and RFX's collections are mind-numbingly awesome.

14. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

I'd say go with the brogues. Unless you find a pair of Lanvins/something similar in a unique colourway that doesn't look stupid, the reality is, you already have 2 dope pairs of sneakers, and it would suck to see those find the back of the closet if you bought a pair of black or white Lanvins.

Plus with the end of school in sight (at least undergrad) it would be wise to get a good pair of oxfords/brogues for whatever occassion may call for them. That's what's next on my list anyways, for whatever functions I'll have, plus my thesis defense. Definitely doing the same as you and wearing a suit to that shit. Even though my supervisor/professor takes pride in not dressing up and wears t-shirts with bugs on them (entomologist), I don't think he'll think less of me if I choose to suit up. [​IMG]

15. uvmboi13

uvmboi13 Senior member

Barneys.com stillc arries plenty of Lanvins and they used to carry Pierre Hardy but I don't think they do anymore.

Due to this thread, I really miss E-Luxury. It used to be the one stop shop for some nice baller sneakers.

Omg I loved it too. Miss it so much. What the hell happened to them?