1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. hiei

hiei Member

i hope i won't be prosecuted and burned alive by posting the adidas BW army. i just stumbled on this one while looking for german army sneakers. adidas BW army mid [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] lo top version [​IMG] currently available @ amazon and shoebacca [​IMG] [​IMG] some from 2008 adidas clean pack [​IMG]

2. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

i like the first pair, except for the sole.

3. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

I wish adidas still made the black mids, I've been trying to find them forever

4. hiei

hiei Member

i like the first pair, except for the sole.

yup, if they only use the sambas gum soles.

ernest hemingway,

been on that same predicament, wishing some models be re-issued... hopefully for the better.

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

How much do GATs usually go for in USD?

like 20-35 euros over there but proxying them ends up running like $70-90 US

onion is right that there are a couple different trainers. they all look mostly the same but slight variances in the leather used, the slight color difference in the gum sole (some are really bright, others almost grey), the color of the suede used, laces, and tongue. For the most part not a big deal but yea they do look a bit different and sometimes fit different. I think mine are 285 and fit like a size 10.5-11

6. Nil

Nil Senior member

7. theom-

theom- Senior member

Time to make my move into baller sneakers. Should i start off with some german armies or cps, or just go straight for some Lanvins on eBay.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Damn, well consider me confused by GAT sizing then. According to this: http://www.comparisonshopshoes.com/a...hoe-sizes.html I figured my size 13 foot would be a 290. But if a 285 is a 10.5-11, then apparently not.

i dunno. mine are stamped "BW Sport 285" on the bottom. I think my conversion sounds about right from others i've seen though.

Also, why were people talking about gat in this thread? They're not baller whatsoever

9. avery

avery Senior member

Heres the original 70's German Army Trainer:

[​IMG]

Here it is compared to MMM. They have the same shape, however the MMM's sole tapers slightly more at the toe. Also, if you compare the original GATs to MMM's low top GAT (not pictured), you'll notice the same thing, but they also have a gray stripe, and also gray trim around around the laces where as on the original is white.

[​IMG]

I just bought those Margiela hi tops and I haven't figured out how to wear them. The tongue is very long and quite thick, what pants do you wear with them? Do you always tuck the pants into them?

10. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

get those addidas the flying fuck out of this thread, baller sneakers only!

these givenchys are aight:

[​IMG]

11. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

These Giuliano Fujiwara's are dope. [​IMG]

12. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I'm glad fujiwara gets a little bit of love, one of the most underrated designers IMO

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

get those addidas the flying fuck out of this thread, baller sneakers only!

But there isn't an Official Peasant Sneaker Thread yet.

And Onion, thanks for the comparo pics. I like the OG GATs styling better, the toe and suede leather with the strip in the middle, I prefer it in mid cut though. I think the thick laces on the MMM's would look good on the lowcut OG GATs also.

Nice MMM's too, are they mint blue color?

14. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

i believe they're grey leather/suede.

i'm snapping pics of my first iteration margiela GAT'S bought from jmatsu, loved by me and him.

15. jet

jet Senior member

givenchys are baller, price check?

16. Razele

Razele Senior member

I have two pair of german armies coming to me atm, wooo

They will be getting new laces as soon as I get them, will look way better.

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

These Giuliano Fujiwara's are dope.

I'm not feeling this too much, it reminds me of a hybrid of Air Jordan VII and Nike Huarache w/ CP soles.

Orlando Bloom in MMM.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sooooo fucking old and falling to pieces, I never wear them out of fear but god do I love them.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Those are awesome, how old are they? It looks like its still in good condition, which can be worn to run errands here and there.

20. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Thanks dude! I want to say over 6-7 years old now? you can see all the pores in the leather and everything, "they don't make them like they used to. the heels are the main problem. also, they are insanely lightweight, literally paper-light compared to the heavier current replica ones.