1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

What relevance does this have to what I posted there?? If I didn't know better I'd check your signature for a spam link. Not saying you're not right, though. I have passed up a number of potential kops lately that I probably would've bought a while ago. I'd institute some kind of rule like 1 purchase per month or nothing under $500 to force me not to do that but I'd probably break it.

Guess I misread; and took "waffle about such things" in regards to sell stuff, and not (as it was probably meant) pursuing the right size, my apologies.

2. yoyodunno

yoyodunno Senior member

why do baller sneakers look like roller blades.

3. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

[​IMG]
    lovely. please post sizing info as soon as you can.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Really nice. How do you like them? I remember some people saying the quality wasn't up to par?

Quality is pretty good, the shoe feels solid. The materials looks and feels nice, construction looks good too. The sole looks and feels harder too, it is pretty much a clear sole version of Rafs but this one feels more solid. It does seem like it is about to turn yellow or maybe just the lighting. I say it is pretty good, should be as good as Raf Vandals and that is not bad considering the Rafs retail for $200-$300 more.

lovely. please post sizing info as soon as you can.

Sizing does feels big, probably a 0.5-1 size big but to me it feels ok, maybe due to my wider feet but I kind of don't mind how it fits as long as the shoe doesn't look overly huge. I got to try it out and check it out in the mirror to see. The outsole is 30cm on a size 42, same as my measurements on my 42 Rafstros. No heel slip even though there's 0.5" extra space in the toe area, again probably due to my wide feet. If your feet is narrow, I'd suggest sizing down 1.

5. whatever123

Quality is pretty good, the shoe feels solid. The materials looks and feels nice, construction looks good too. The sole looks and feels harder too, it is pretty much a clear sole version of Rafs but this one feels more solid. It does seem like it is about to turn yellow or maybe just the lighting. I say it is pretty good, should be as good as Raf Vandals and that is not bad considering the Rafs retail for $200-$300 more. Sizing does feels big, probably a 0.5-1 size big but to me it feels ok, maybe due to my wider feet but I kind of don't mind how it fits as long as the shoe doesn't look overly huge. I got to try it out and check it out in the mirror to see. The outsole is 30cm on a size 42, same as my measurements on my 42 Rafstros. No heel slip even though there's 0.5" extra space in the toe area, again probably due to my wide feet. If your feet is narrow, I'd suggest sizing down 1.
    cool, thanks for the input. what size do you normally go with in mmm, a 42? those do seem a little long at 30 cm for a 42. im interested to see how the sole wears on those.

6. Oasis

Oasis Senior member

my replacement size showed up today and they fit great. i am a 8.5 (usa) in most dress shoes and i went with a 41 in these. the 42 had way to much length. these bottom sole on the 41 measures just over 28cm. the 42 measured 29cm.

does any know if the the rubberized leather lows fit the same way as the perforated leather/suede model?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

can someone please sell me a fawking pair or these in 41?

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

can someone please sell me a fawking pair or these in 41?
    Here you go.
    cool, thanks for the input. what size do you normally go with in mmm, a 42? those do seem a little long at 30 cm for a 42. im interested to see how the sole wears on those.
    Yah, I wear a 42 in MMM, which is 29cm iirc on the outsole. The 30cm outsole on the Balenciaga doesn't look overly long but it might look big overall.

8. whatever123

Yah, I wear a 42 in MMM, which is 29cm iirc on the outsole. The 30cm outsole on the Balenciaga doesn't look overly long but it might look big overall.

thanks.

it seems like the 41s are sold out so i wonder if i could get into a 40.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Are you normally a 42? If so, I don't think a 40 would be comfortable.

10. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

why do baller sneakers look like roller blades.

because there is something wrong with your eyes or the cerebral connection that links them to your brain

11. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

I know the sizing guide is saying mmm hi's are slightly bigger than low's, but I found my grail hi's and won the auction a full size bigger. Should I actually buy them or just be a dick and not?

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

considering thats my auction, i think you should.

13. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

lies, "Item location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom."

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

[​IMG] thought id pull a fast one.

you never know tho, dude might be on here lol!!

15. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

16. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

I know the sizing guide is saying mmm hi's are slightly bigger than low's, but I found my grail hi's and won the auction a full size bigger. Should I actually buy them or just be a dick and not?
    I would recommend getting the highs in the same size as your lows.

17. jet

jet Senior member

I should be paid royalties for this thread.

18. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I should be paid royalties for this thread.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

I'm pretty set on getting a pair of MMM GATs as my first pair of baller sneakers, but I'm torn on which to get.

These are what I'm leaning towards but I've never seen this color in a fit-pic before:

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/ma...sneakers/35097

ssense.com (only MMM retailer in Canada afaik) also has these, which look cool, but unsure about how they will look IRL:

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/ma...sneakers/35098

Or should I wait to find the painted white ones somewhere?

decisions, decisions...

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I'm pretty set on getting a pair of MMM GATs as my first pair of baller sneakers, but I'm torn on which to get.
    Either get the first ones or wait for painted white if you would prefer those. The painted silver is too theatrical.