***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

No real reason for posting this, just venting.

So I bought those JUMP Zeto high-tops a while ago from ssense.com at about 50% off. I'd e-mailed JUMP themselves to ask about sizing and got no response. I asked SSENSE and they said that they ran true to size, so I ordered my size (9.5).

When I got them I noticed they felt kind of roomy, but not so much so, but as I wore them they definitely felt roomier. SSense sold out of 9's so there was nothing I could do so I just dealt with it.

I eventually found JUMP's Facebook page and asked them about sizing, and after about two weeks they told me that the Zeto runs slightly bigger.

Now, it isn't a big deal in the end. The shoes feel slightly too big and it's not a deal-breaker, but I had the choice between 9 and 9.5 both because SSENSE told me they ran true to size and JUMP has no information on their sizing available online.

Obviously shoe sizing can never be 100% accurate online but fuck, if your shoes run half a size large and you know it, why not just label them correctly? If you can't do that, at least make sure retailers know the issue and put it on your website. Because, in the end, this really is an "issue". You fucking make shoes, learn how to make them so they actually match the size their labeled as. Sizing shoes shouldn't be a fucking science for the end-consumer.

Sorry if this is written like shit, killer headache.

Try buying a pair of insoles; cobblers will sell good ones and you can get cheap ones at a drug store. I have a MMM shoe in a 45 (I am a 44) and purchased a good insole, so they fit quite well now.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I know, I will likely do that. It just pisses me off that I have to at all. I left this message for JUMP:

Hi JUMP, thanks. It's quite annoying for me because you have no info on sizing on your website and the retailer I bought them from told me they fit true to size, and I couldn't exchange them. I love the shoes a lot but the fact that they feel too roomy makes them a 9/10 and not a 10/10 to me. I e-mailed you guys personally using the e-mail shown on your website before I ordered them to find out about sizing but nobody ever responded to me. So I hold you guys a bit responsible for this. In the end I'll keep them since it's not worth paying $300 for a pair of shoes I already own just so I can go half a size down, but ... I'm just disappointed, that's all. Thanks.

3. stormin10

stormin10 Senior member

This is the wrong way to think.

Why? I saw them i liked them so i bought them, i love Lanvin and such more but i can't justify $600 plus on a pair of shoes

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Never paid more than 350 for a pair of Lanvins. Rafs were 350-4. Look around and don't compromise on crap. Hell there are green astros right on this page selling for 360.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Why? I saw them i liked them so i bought them, i love Lanvin and such more but i can't justify $600 plus on a pair of shoes

You just made it seem like you just bought the sneakers because of the name and that they were on sale.

6. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

sizing issues

This is why I created a google doc to keep track of sizing, because I can rarely remember. I'm a 10.5, but in Jump and heyday, I'm a 10. In supra, I'm an 11. Android Homme, 12. It's so irritating.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It becomes even more complicated if you have a wide feet like I do. I always have to always consider sizing up by half or not and it gets even more complicated when the brand doesn't make half sizes.

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I only ever wear the white MMM gats [​IMG]

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Wearing mine today and they are super dirty and the interior is all ripped. I love MMM shoes but they really suck as far as durability goes.

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

This is why I created a google doc to keep track of sizing, because I can rarely remember. I'm a 10.5, but in Jump and heyday, I'm a 10. In supra, I'm an 11. Android Homme, 12. It's so irritating.

Wish I'd known. SSense's response to me was funny:

JASON:
    HI BRAD,

THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING SSENSE.

IN THE JUMP SNEAKERS MOST STYLES RUN DO RUN PRETTY TRUE TO SIZE ALTHOUGH SOME RUN SLIGHTLY BIGGER. WE HAD SEVERAL PEOPLE TRY THESE ON AND THE INFORMATION WAS ACCURATELY GIVEN TO YOU. WE DO APOLOGIZE FOR THE MIS-COMMUNICATION.

IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US.

BEST REGARDS,

JASON

SSENSE CUSTOMER SERVICE

11. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

uncontrol, are you brad pitt??!!!

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

They are pretty versatile, even though mine is the white patents, they have been my go to sneakers lately. If I don't know which shoes to wear, I will usually end up with the white MMM GATs.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Baller sandals. Lanvin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

yuck. would never pay more than $50 for a pair of sandals, although there have been a couple of ann d ones that have appealed to me in the past...

15. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

even worse than teva. fucking ugly.