***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Basics of economics: Really rich people aren't affected by recession. They have enough disposable income that they don't care how much they spend because they're still really fucking rich. That article is targeting the lower half of the upper middle class.

2. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

the ultra rich are not the biggest consumers of fashion. id guess the biggest supporters of runway fashion are upper middle class and lower upper class.

3. Listi

Listi Senior member

You can't wear Lanvin while you're swimming in a pool in the mediterranean on your yacht

4. carbongraph

carbongraph New Member

hey guys. new here. until now the only sneakers ive owned are running shoes and converse all stars. i want to buy cp bball hi's but im unsure about sizing. How do they fit? I'm a 9 in converse if that helps.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You can't wear Lanvin while you're swimming in a pool in the mediterranean on your yacht

I think this Lanvin for SS11 is made just for that.
    [​IMG]

Speaking of SS11 Lanvin, here's a preview:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

well, you can read any news article about the recession affecting the fashion industry and you will see this is not true.

from various articles:

Oh it's obviously affected the fashion industry but i don't think it's affected $2000 knits or anything.

I'm pretty skeptical of mainstream media running a story like this because:

1. Anyone could say "oooh that designer's season doesn't have a fur coat" and therefore speculate that the entire fashion industry is now making less luxe clothes.

2. Cutting superfluous costs (guest lists, parties etc) doesn't mean that the items are any less luxe.

3. Expensive != unsaleable. Cutting out the wacky and unwearable (which there isn't actually that much of in runway IMO) doesn't mean that the more saleable items are going to be any less expensive or of lower quality.

4. Mainstream media don't know what they're talking about when it comes to fashion. Most probably wouldn't recognise that a baby alpaca sweater is probably quite expensive, even if it is in plain colour.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

those lanvins are fucking ugly but you all know this already [​IMG] these could have been cool but the weird mid shape and the strap ruin them

8. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

[​IMG] What do you think? I like the leather and the height, my favorite out of the margiela sneakers I've seen.

9. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

Oh it's obviously affected the fashion industry but i don't think it's affected $2000 knits or anything.

I'm pretty skeptical of mainstream media running a story like this because:

1. Anyone could say "oooh that designer's season doesn't have a fur coat" and therefore speculate that the entire fashion industry is now making less luxe clothes.

2. Cutting superfluous costs (guest lists, parties etc) doesn't mean that the items are any less luxe.

3. Expensive != unsaleable. Cutting out the wacky and unwearable (which there isn't actually that much of in runway IMO) doesn't mean that the more saleable items are going to be any less expensive or of lower quality.

4. Mainstream media don't know what they're talking about when it comes to fashion. Most probably wouldn't recognise that a baby alpaca sweater is probably quite expensive, even if it is in plain colour.

hendrix has discovered the magical good with inelastic demand. $2000 knits.

go take an econ class, when your professor asks you to give an example of a good with inelastic demand, tell him that you think $2000 sweaters always have the same amount of demand. he will tell you you are retarded. you would fail the class anyways though.

10. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

go take an econ class, when your professor asks you to give an example of a good with inelastic demand, tell him that you think $2000 sweaters always have the same amount of demand. he will tell you you are retarded. you would fail the class anyways though.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

true.

I mean, it's not like i'm doing a real degree anyway, right?

12. bows1

bows1 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

[​IMG] BoO, new shoe line looks f**king awesome.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

[​IMG]
    yeah those look good. im waiting for some "in the wild pics" before i make my move. if you get a pair tell me how they work out. thanks