***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

It actually was. The late-90's, early 2000's (before Kanye) was when that flossing luxury brands started. Check out any of those Cash Money videos from that era, dudes are name dropping Gucci, LV, Burberry, Prada, etc.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

can we stop talking about rappers and start talking about sneakers please snowmanxl i actually like those mint margielas. the rest of your sneakers kinda suck though

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Yeah I know. I've got to build up the collection, that's why I'm on the hunt lol. Are they even making hi top margiela this season (in white) ssense has them in blue

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Alright I'll go ahead and absorb all the heat and hate to negate all the Kanye talk. Come spring/summer time, this makes it to my rotation.
    [​IMG]

Flame away!

5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

6. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

Flame away!

Alright. They seriously look like shit.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Great, it is now the Official Kanye Sneaker Thread.

I want to see baller sneaks not overpriced fashion house sneaks or show us your shoes which is another thread entirely.

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Handled those Lanvins with the red, those things are so heavy, pretty sure they're at par with my PS Ricards (and probably stiffer)

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I want to see baller sneaks not overpriced fashion house sneaks or show us your shoes which is another thread entirely.

Is another thread title change in order?

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

You guys do realize that most people that buy LV shit do it for status, right? Why is it wrong when rappers do the same thing?

11. Listi

Listi Senior member

RFX got any D&G sneaks because at the moment it looks like you've got as many abominations as you do epic sneaks

edit: I'm not against "status" items... It's okay to pay for a name. But when you are rocking 10 ugly status items at the same time, you're being a tool. I am not even someone who hates rap ps just think these dudes are an embarrassment to themselves.

12. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

marc jacobs bites cp [​IMG]

13. Lel

Lel Senior member

Man I need clean, black sneaks, good quality too.

Other than CPs, I think I saw some Lanvins that looked awesome... but also probably even more expensive [​IMG]

14. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

edit: I'm not against "status" items... It's okay to pay for a name. But when you are rocking 10 ugly status items at the same time, you're being a tool. I am not even someone who hates rap ps just think these dudes are an embarrassment to themselves.
    Agreed. I think that's just what happens when poor people come into a lot of money. Just like all these crazy ass people with LV monogram leather in their cars, haha.

15. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Plus I thought any publicity is good publicity and as long as their brands are seen on the net, their good with it. Again, that is just based off how crazy people get when Kanye (or JayZ) wears stuff that doesn't have a big logo to say what brand it is.

It's probably like Cristal.