• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Brad2119

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
So basically you're buying them because of the brand name? Save your money until you get your own sense of taste, man.

Nope, I don't buy brands for the name. I buy them for their quality and craftsmanship... plus, I have the money, so why not?

I'm just curious because I didn't like many sneakers that I've seen in this thread. I mostly own non-baller sneakers which I like a lot better, I just want one pair or something like that, but I can't find any that I like.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice sneakers are nice but your paying through the nose for them - craftsmanship \\ quality doesn't really apply here.

You really need to handle Lanvin's to appreciate them more so then other sneaks IMO. Go to a store.

They are really nice materials, just need to find the right designs which don't look marsupialed. The store in Aus which stocks them cherry pick a bunch from every season that aren't the marsupialed ones. Same with alot of other brands, Raf is probably the worst for terrible colorways.

Brad2119

Reaction score
Not limited to Lanvin's, I just want one expensive pair of sneakers. It sucks to have sneakers that everybody else owns anyways and I just want one pair that stands out and looks good.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad2119
Not limited to Lanvin's, I just want one expensive pair of sneakers. It sucks to have sneakers that everybody else owns anyways and I just want one pair that stands out and looks good.

but the best sneakers don't even stand out, they're just boring and look good

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I think I saw it on sufu and decided ****, I love pugs and love babies, goodbye chihuahua, you were good while you lasted.

He carries her with an air of pride and accomplishment.

Brad2119

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
but the best sneakers don't even stand out, they're just boring and look good

Sometimes yeah, sometimes no. Like for example I own some black sneakers which look like the plainest sneakers you'll ever find. But they look classic. But there's also sneakers which stand out and look nice.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
My Rafstros don't run small at all - if anything, a tad big

RAF run one size bigger, like most designer shoes and many of their sneakers.

MMM (since everyone asks)
shoes=one size bigger
sneakers=tts

This is, of course, not universal.

Lanvin are UK sizing and run one size bigger.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Would agree with that

For future reference:

Im an 11.5 US D Width, 11 UK

45 in MMM Sneaks (44 is slightly too small but still wearable)
44 in CP
44 in Raf
43 / 44 in Lanvin (Depends on the model)

Sneaks are way more flexible then dress shoes though so don't be too scared

Resale value is good too

Brad2119

Reaction score
Do any of you guys wear boots? I know this is a sneaker thread but I don't think there's a boots thread anywhere. So do you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics