***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. snake

snake Senior member

ah, gotcha. had something completely different drawn up in my mind

2. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

[​IMG]

3. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I know not many likes the velcro Raf Simons but these colors are pretty nice.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Not normally a fan of these, but I am liking these colorways, especially the second pair.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

TI free at last and wearing MMM.
    [​IMG]

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

It's amazing the effect of kanye on rappers these days.

6. snake

snake Senior member

7. Listi

Listi Senior member

kanye is a horrible force

it's like hey guys you are sloppy you should wear these expensive euro brands they are classy

buys most garish euro stuff gives it all a bad name

it's like rappers who name drop cristal and suddenly it's no longer about good champagne it's about "MOFUCKA I'M A BALLER YOU CAN'T AFFORD THIS." goddamn it fuck i hate kanye

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

it's like rappers who name drop cristal and suddenly it's no longer about good champagne it's about "MOFUCKA I'M A BALLER YOU CAN'T AFFORD THIS."

To be fair, rappers have been like that even before Kanye showed up in the scene.

TI used to wear plenty of ACups, I like the shoes personally but a lot of people here hate them, so isn't it at least an upgrade to see them wear MMM, Rafs, RO, etc...?

I mean HOV has already worn RO several times (although it doesn't look as good on him like on others)....
    [​IMG][​IMG]

... it's only a matter of time before he starts wearing Julius too. [​IMG]

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

The whole hip hop/hypebeast community are a bunch of sheep anyway. One guy wears something and raps about it and his homies and everyone else follows including all the kids who can't even afford the stuff.

Besides, TI IN MMM isn't very accurate all he's wearing are shoes. These guys don't get the stuff, jay and diddy sent back huge consignments to the mmm store and didn't buy a single thing. Why do you think that is? No logos so everyone knows what it is?

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The whole hip hop/hypebeast community are a bunch of sheep anyway. One guy wears something and raps about it and his homies and everyone else follows including all the kids who can't even afford the stuff.

It's how trends start. Plus if they don't, then they'd have nothing to rap about. It's not about the hard knock life anymore.

Besides, TI IN MMM isn't very accurate all he's wearing are shoes. These guys don't get the stuff, jay and diddy sent back huge consignments to the mmm store and didn't buy a single thing. Why do you think that is? No logos so everyone knows what it is?

I didn't know that, I thought the best way to do things now is wear something and have everyone go crazy trying to figure it out. It's what Kanye did to Ato and MMM and Raf. On another forum, there used to be thread of "What shoe is Kanye wearing?" every time a new photo of him surfaces. Either way I think the store would still be happy as long as there is a pic out there somewhere of JayZ or Diddy wearing the stuff.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

It's how trends start. Plus if they don't, then they'd have nothing to rap about. It's not about the hard knock life anymore.

Obvious statement is obvious, point is there is no originality anymore since hip-hop turned to garbage. People will wear anything no matter how ugly it is cue wayne and ed hardy and minority teenagers at the bev center dressed just like him.

I didn't know that, I thought the best way to do things now is wear something and have everyone go crazy trying to figure it out. It's what Kanye did to Ato and MMM and Raf. On another forum, there used to be thread of "What shoe is Kanye wearing?" every time a new photo of him surfaces. Either way I think the store would still be happy as long as there is a pic out there somewhere of JayZ or Diddy wearing the stuff.

Incorrect, the best way is to floss by rapping/blogging about it to hype it up. Trust me, stores are not happy contrary to what you may think, it's the antithesis of their philosophy.

I know you're like the PR person for NT or whatever forum you're on but your assumptions are far off.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Incorrect, the best way is to floss by rapping/blogging about it to hype it up. Trust me, stores are not happy contrary to what you may think, it's the antithesis of their philosophy.

I know you're like the PR person for NT or whatever forum you're on but your assumptions are far off.

I'm just going by how Kanye has been hyped and how crazy go for what he wears and that they try to find out what it is and then when they find out and see the preice tag its usually followed by [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Plus I thought any publicity is good publicity and as long as their brands are seen on the net, their good with it. Again, that is just based off how crazy people get when Kanye (or JayZ) wears stuff that doesn't have a big logo to say what brand it is.

I'm a PR person for NT? I could have sworn half of the people there hated me. [​IMG] I get at least 1-2 hate PMs a week.

13. Listi

Listi Senior member

To be fair, rappers have been like that even before Kanye showed up in the scene.

I know, but Kanye did it to good brands with lots of nice stuff...

but then they only wore the ugly "LOOK AT ME!" stuff and gives the whole brand a bad name.

Kanye turned Louis Vuitton into a fucking HIPHOP BRAND in the minds of millions. Which is horrible. Seriously, what's next, Kiton?

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I'm a PR person for NT? I could have sworn half of the people there hated me. [​IMG] I get at least 1-2 hate PMs a week.
    Serious? For what, having costly goods? Who sends hate PMs. I mean I get those for moderating but that's because people get upset when you ban them.

15. Nil

Nil Senior member

Kanye turned Louis Vuitton into a fucking HIPHOP BRAND in the minds of millions. Which is horrible. Seriously, what's next, Kiton?

That obnoxiously monogrammed LV shit has been around for years, long before Kanye.