***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

[​IMG] Astros, never actually posted a pic til this point.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

looks like an elephant's skin [​IMG]

4. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

looks like an elephant's skin

This forum is only big enough for one pair of elephant skin sneakers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

They just look like cracked / wrinkled leather, too shiny for elephant skin. Just tried on some jawnz so I'll post additional pics.

EDIT: here. First are N&F SG sz32, second N&F WG sz31.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

saw these at Hermes yesterday. i think they were around $900 i kinda like them [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

8. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

They need to put make that H more obvious if the wanna charge $900. Although it kind of looks like a Hyundai logo, which is nice.

9. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Reminds me of the HL logo'ing on old Helmut sneakers.

Speaking of, there is a size 39/6 pair of HL's from ss05. I had a different pair from that season, those shoes were solid as fuck.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Just a question for the ballers out there with expensive sneakers. What do you guys do when the sole wears down and/or when the white midsole gets dirty in which you can't restore it to its former condition?

This is the primary reason why I'm hesitant to buy an expensive pair. With dress shoes and such, you can have the soles redone and the shoes refinished.

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

ballers don't keep em long enough for the soles to wear down [​IMG]

12. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

it's pretty hard to wear down the sole of a sneaker. i have chucks from literally 5 years ago that I still wear.

let's say you ball out and buy 1k sneaks. if they last 5 years (in a rotation, which if you spend 1k on a pair i'm sure you have a decent # of sneakers), that's only $200/year. I spend more than that on tea.

now if you're rfx, your sneaker collection will outlast you pretty easily.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yeah... I have worn my Achilles pretty hard, but aside from being dirty the soles might as well be new. Pretty sure you could wear them every day for 5 years and be fine.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

it's pretty hard to wear down the sole of a sneaker. i have chucks from literally 5 years ago that I still wear. let's say you ball out and buy 1k sneaks. if they last 5 years (in a rotation, which if you spend 1k on a pair i'm sure you have a decent # of sneakers), that's only $200/year. I spend more than that on tea. now if you're rfx, your sneaker collection will outlast you pretty easily.
    Yeah, RFX is world renowned for his expensive clothes and watches! You really have Chucks that old that you still wear? I bought 4 pairs of Jack Purcells at the beginning of the summer and have been wearing them all heavily through out the months. They're starting to show signs of the beating, ie the rectangle sign on the back of the midsole is coming off. I plan on just tossing them away when the cooler weather arrives. I used to be a huge sneaker addict, although nothing of this epic ballingness in term of price tags, and some of the sneakers I owned with white sole, ie say Nike Dunk or Adidias Superstar, would get dirty pretty quickly. Even when you clean them, they don't return to the same shade of white that they used to be, and another thing that bugged me is that the tread that is sewn around the midsole can't be cleaned. Since those shoes were relatively cheap, I didn't care much and would buy a new pair to replace them. But if I were to spend a grand on sneakers....haha.

15. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

I know the whole quality vs. durability vs. price debate and I don't want to dredge it up again, but w/ how much I've worn my Achilles, I've noticed literally no sole wear. Compare that to any Nike/Adidas/Puma/Converse/anything that pretty quickly starts sloping to one side.

Obviously that sole quality isn't enough to make the price worth it, but I think the sole is substantially better.

Edit: as for whiteness, well, there's not that much you can do about that. Drew from TOJ swears by Magic Eraser for spot spains, IIRC, but you're gonna get some wear on your sneaks. It's better that way, imo. I'm not a fan of trashing your white sneakers, but blinding perfect white forever isn't really necessary.