***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Nil

Nil Senior member

See how ridiculous that sounds? Special pieces made out of special materials require special needs.

Face T won't melt in the wash. Maybe try some salicylic acid or a clay mask if it's breaking out.

2. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Won't melt, certainly, but it's not like laundry-level detergent won't do some serious damage. Your ideas are good, though, but that will likely add to the necessary maintenance fees.

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

Omfg you plebs are at it again

Handwashing? Bitches the only handwashing that I get done is when the maid who lives in my house handwashes my knits in artisinal handmade soap from Tibet, made with the tears of thier persecution.

I make that bitch toil in the sun, because I'm baller, and it's funny to me.

4. theom-

theom- Senior member

Its really not hard to find gentle detergents now, Dr Bronners or seventh generation are pretty easy to find along with the tide baby formula or what not.

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

Is my point proven yet

Can we cut the baller rubbish sq and just talk about clothes or do we all need to keep making fun of your classist statements

6. Nil

Nil Senior member

Is the face print made of space age fibers and paints harvested by virgins that can't be exposed to water? I imagine the chemicals used in the dry cleaning process would be much worse for the fabric than cold water, delicate/hand wash and a small amount of Woolite dark.

7. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

8. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

what about perc-free organic dry cleaning, no nasty chemicals

9. macuser3of5

10. the shah

If you insist... http://www.livescience.com/health/07...ycleaning.html MSDS data page I'm not against dry cleaning, but that shit should be seasonal at best.
    perc-free organic dry-cleaning is dry cleaning without perc, not your fraudulent cleaners that are stealing money. you need insider details on where to go
    Is my point proven yet Can we cut the baller rubbish sq and just talk about clothes or do we all need to keep making fun of your classist statements
    cleaning is part of clothing. except for the throngs of filthy SFers who don't bathe properly [​IMG] sq uses threads from a Romanian tailor's collection of preserved silkworms dating back to jurrassic period, the extraction process gets ugly. his dog wears a pashmina cardigan. This all relates to clothing talk, I assure you

11. macuser3of5

i assume you didn't read either link in your haste to reply.

12. the shah

i did, but you seem to think it is impossible to find a dry cleaners that doesn't use perc. sorry, livescience isn't the authority on every cleaner in the world

"The fluid used by more than 85 percent of U.S. drycleaners is truly nasty stuff called perchloroethylene, or perc, classified as a probable human cancer-causing chemical by the Environmental Protection Agency. Perc is organic, too."

That leaves 15% that avoid perc.

I dry-clean my sneakers at those select businesses.

13. macuser3of5

please continue reading the article [​IMG]

14. the shah

is your name Christopher Wanjek ? Because you seem unreasonably certain that everything in there, despite not being substantiated by any meaningful evidence, is true and wholly representative of the entire cleaning industry. Just because you've read it on the internet doesn't make it true...

15. macuser3of5

i'm honestly not trying to be a dick here but i really need more than 'we have the hookup' to convince me that there is any commercial-grade dry cleaning product, organic (which is what df2000 is marketed under as the article would tell you) or otherwise that is more delicate than a wool soap.

I have provided plenty of reference material for perc and the primary organic solvent alternative commonly used. take from that what you will. what does your dry cleaner use?