1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Givenchy SS11.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

it's a crime against the universe that cows died to produce those fucking things

3. ryannn

ryannn Well-Known Member

First pair of Givenchy are pretty dope.

4. ryannn

ryannn Well-Known Member

5. Nugtron

Nugtron Member

[​IMG]

Anyone know where to kop these in a 42/43? Thanks

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Someone asked earlier how the CP Vintage Achilles Hi's tucked in, found a pic but with sweatpants intead of jeans.
    [​IMG]

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

maybe i should kop sneaks since i just kopped those sweats. thanks gwydion!
    theres a bunch of white Achilles up on ebay sz 43-44

the mmm hi's can be found at colette , not sure about sizes though.

8. Kodiak

Kodiak Well-Known Member

Someone asked earlier how the CP Vintage Achilles Hi's tucked in, found a pic but with sweatpants intead of jeans.
    [​IMG]

hrmm, looks kinda weird imo [​IMG]

9. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Well-Known Member

I'm looking MMM mids or highs. in a size 13. Any of you know any places in Boston that carry them? Thanks.

-LR

10. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

hrmm, looks kinda weird imo [​IMG]

Yah, that was my initial thought. I think the top part ha to be more bulky or thicker silhouette for it to work. Or maybe the sweats are too tapered and not enough stacking?

11. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

12. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Are those the Robert Geller sweatpants? I've been digging the entire sweatpants + hi-tops look, but as a broke college student, have a hard time swallowing the bullet and purchasing $250+ sweatpants. Do any of you have suggestions for an alternative pair that are equally slim-fitting/tapered and won't break my non-baller bank?

13. ryannn

ryannn Well-Known Member

Some yesstyle sweats prolly best bet.

14. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Well-Known Member

Some yesstyle sweats prolly best bet.
    Definitely appreciate the recommendation, but I checked their site, but most of their good-looking sweatpants are sold out in any size except L and XL. Any other suggestions? [​IMG]

15. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Shades of Greige and Diesel has some but it's still around $100 retail iirc.

Or you can buy cheap sweatpants and then have them tapered at the tailors? Although they may look at you weird but it should cost about $10 to get it tapered.

16. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Well-Known Member

it's a crime against the universe that cows died to produce those fucking things
    yeah srs, i want the dress shoes from that season tho (and the mask, naturally)

17. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

Definitely appreciate the recommendation, but I checked their site, but most of their good-looking sweatpants are sold out in any size except L and XL. Any other suggestions? [​IMG]
    They run small anyway so you could size up, and most of their sweats only come in one size.

18. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Well-Known Member

they're pretty fucking ugly. also worn terribly.
    Re: McQueens They look alright, but that pic is kinda weird. With a different pair of pants and worn a little differently, I think they have potential. They feel pretty good, as well, but maybe that blue is one of those "better in theory" colors. The other colorway is black + dark navy, while a little bit more boring, probably will look a lot better. I can get the black + dark navies for 40% off tomorrow, but I might pass and just save the money and wait for a killer pair of Lanvin highs to drop on ebay.

19. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

^Yes, IIRC, Socal2NYC owned them. I think they've been on ebay for a while.

Bidding on more rastros in spite of the fact that a) shipping from UK is 40 GBP and b) seller will not mark value lower so customs is assured, c) seller ships with fedex, d) seller does not accept proxies (must ship to my paypal address). This shit is gonna be expensive.