Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Can someone please post fits of MMM his, without a tuck? Do you think a ~6.75" hem would be too small to go over?
    here are most of the variations i've done. i think i've worn them with the tongues inside my MMM size 46 slim pants, my Dior 19cms, and Nudie Thin Finns. I think ive worn them inside my APC petite standards in size 28 before too if i remember correctly. Maybe not. Just tighten the shit out of the top two rings and make sure the tongue curls around your shin. In the last pic you can see my left pant leg is a bit high up on the backside of the shoe. I did that on purpose though to kind of show off the shoe (synthese style) not because the pant hem is too thin. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Kinda want to cop these fake ricks: http://www.verseau-custom-made.com/c...10/7935126.htm

How bad do you think they will be? Trying to avoid dropping $1k on sneakers....

too expensive for this style of fakes, for that kind of money you can get extremely high quality cowhide ones that are probably made in the visvim factory in busan.

And like others said these aren't actually made to order like the website said, this is the standard fake like I have. You should be able to get this style for about $110.

3. user7

user7 Senior member

I want rick dunks, but I think I'd feel dirty as fuck if I copped fakes. I know people who'd recognize them, and admitting to them that I purchased a fake item would be horrible[​IMG]

I have zero problem with this. I think I'd actually feel more embarrassed telling people I spent $1070 on a pair of sneakers.

ioffer sells fake dick dunks for about 120 shipped if memory serves me right. They are the same style and make as the ones you listed. They also sell reallllllllllllly shitty looking dunks that look nothing like the original for the same price, go figure. All I know is that the leather they use on the fake dicks doesn't age at all (plasticky cheap leather) and doesnt really soften or yellow like the standard owens. If you are okay with that, I think they are an okay alternative. After all, rick himself started out by doing replicas.

Thanks for the ioffer tip.

too expensive for this style of fakes, for that kind of money you can get extremely high quality cowhide ones that are probably made in the visvim factory in busan.

And like others said these aren't actually made to order like the website said, this is the standard fake like I have. You should be able to get this style for about $110.

ioffer looks like they have the same style for $110. Any idea where to cop the higher quality fakes?

Thanks all for the feedback. I'll prob cop; I'll post some pics when I do.

4. bows1

bows1 Senior member

oh shi these actually have sz 45. Do the ones you are talking about go to 45 aeglus?

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

[​IMG]
    want so bad; is there any way to get these? the jumps got here today, they're pretty cool. the black patent is actually opalescent and reflects different colors. flashy as fuck but it suits me. edit: oh my god they squeek so much when i walk. i really hope this doesn't persist forever

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

oh shi these actually have sz 45. Do the ones you are talking about go to 45 aeglus?

Might be an error or something, they say at the bottom they only provide size 40-44. The ones I got which are the same style go up to 45 now so those probably would too.

The extremely high quality ones are sold out constantly and are only made in small numbers because they're made in Korea like I said, not mass produced in China. They're likely much better quality than real ones (at least from what I hear of the quality of the original). The ones in the style shown earlier are about on par with the quality of Nikes. Same materials too I think. So just imagine how a pair of Nikes age.

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

where in korea do they sell them?

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

want so bad; is there any way to get these? the jumps got here today, they're pretty cool. the black patent is actually opalescent and reflects different colors. flashy as fuck but it suits me. edit: oh my god they squeek so much when i walk. i really hope this doesn't persist forever
    honestly, im not sure. i read a guy said several pages back the MMM store in miami had one pair of black left in size 41. i don't know if he means the all leather black ones like mine or those other black ones that you showed interested in as well (with the shinier plastic trim). you could just try calling an MMM store and asking them if they can locate a pair. they are from SS10 if i'm not mistaken. make sure you say all leather, semi-distressed too so they differentiate. if not SS10 then they are from the mid season collection that was released after SS10 but before FW10/11. ^ those shoes look like will fit into your wardrobe perfect. you wear them well

10. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

ioffer looks like they have the same style for $110. Any idea where to cop the higher quality fakes?
    seconding this. I'm interested in the dick dunks, but can't find a place that sells the higher quality ones which, from what I've heard, have better construction than the real thing.

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

^ those shoes look like will fit into your wardrobe perfect. you wear them well

this makes me feel a lot better coming from the resident baller sneaker dude who isn't RFX [​IMG]

how does MMM run? would be good to know in case i ever spot. i'm a true 9.5/43

12. 42LONG

42LONG Senior member

honestly, im not sure. i read a guy said several pages back the MMM store in miami had one pair of black left in size 41. i don't know if he means the all leather black ones like mine or those other black ones that you showed interested in as well (with the shinier plastic trim). you could just try calling an MMM store and asking them if they can locate a pair.

they are from SS10 if i'm not mistaken. make sure you say all leather, semi-distressed too so they differentiate. if not SS10 then they are from the mid season collection that was released after SS10 but before FW10/11.

^ those shoes look like will fit into your wardrobe perfect. you wear them well

The ones in Miami in size 41 are the same ones that sq posted pics of. Distressed leather no patent with gum sole. Same exact ones.

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

this makes me feel a lot better coming from the resident baller sneaker dude who isn't RFX [​IMG]

you'd take a 42

14. 42LONG

42LONG Senior member

I'm a pretty much true US 11. I wear a size 44 in MMM which fits nearly perfect, toes end of toebox.

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

The ones in Miami in size 41 are the same ones that sq posted pics of. Distressed leather no patent with gum sole. Same exact ones.

so hot

you'd take a 42

thanks