• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
lol
136984_565.jpg

all over sq

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
haha I read this at first glance as you calling me a ******* marsupial. They didn't look on sale, but shrug.

also, absolute dumb question: how do you pronounce lanvin?

Originally Posted by Kill_switch
lawn-vaughn

brothersport: mybad. didnt mean to sound like a prick.

kill_switch: maybe my hearing is fucked up but my gf (french) always seems to pronounce it more like a mix between lawn-ven and lawn-veh. of course whenever i go to repeat it to her she says im not doing it right.

Originally Posted by PG2G
Details please, I had to cop at retail.

ok maybe im exaggerating a bit. i would kop lanvins at retail under the rare situation where i REALLY love them and think they will run out of my size. i was borderline about to do that for these patchwork black/navy ones that i couldnt find anywhere. i almost called the lanvin store to get them but then decided id just wait a bit and get a similar colorway for cheaper.

most boutiques that sell lanvins seem willing to negotiate on price. i havent tried haggling at nieman marcus because most of the people that work there are marsupials (one dude didnt even know lanvin makes clothes) and because id prefer to give someone else my money. the models that retail for 800+ will almost always come down in price since hardly anyone cops at those prices. the sequin ones i want now (posted a few pages back) retail for 1200 or something. at my local boutique, what do you know, they still have every single size available (albeit only one of each so im fucked if someone actually buys the 7).

i guess it goes back to the "conditioning" thread. id say spending < 500 for a pair of lanvins is a good deal. above that......id just wait a bit for the price to drop some, which, 90% of the time, it will.

if you are looking at a specific pair on Colette (or any item on colette for that matter), i say insta-kop. that website seems to be frequented by the biggest ballers in the world and all sizes disappear instantly.

Originally Posted by jet
all over sq
man that guy is awesome. don't know what you're talking about. if the sartorialist is taking pictures of dudes wearing my shoes, he's obviously got good taste

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^dude that thread attracted the biggest idiots from out of nowhere

need your help in back door thread

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Lanvins have actually been big since last year, plenty of people, especially celebs have been wearing them. Mostly hip-hop artists like Kanye, Jay-Z and Usher but there are other like Jude Law and Beckham who has worn them several times. Even Michelle Obama wore Lanvin several times last year. They are definitely nothing new this year but their old designs were much better than what they have been coming out with the past couple of seasons. They need to go back to these colorways/designs.
picture-101.png
picture-11.png
img_0040.jpg
4vesljt.jpg
lanvin-taffeta-hi-01.jpg
3.jpg

All these old CP sole Lanvinz are still cool though.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
on a side note, i insta-kopped some lanvins off yoox.

my first purchase on yoox. when i was opening the box the whole time i was thinking: &quot;whats going to be fucked up?&quot;

well guess what...they are fucked up. literally. manufacturers defect. why am i not surprised.

******* yoox. what a scam. garbage photos, garbage sizing info, garbage item info, garbage models, garbage quality control. its the internet equivalent of marshalls. id rather pay full retail than deal with this sort of hassle.

the only thing good about them is that they offered an option to send using carbon friendly shipping and box choice

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^dude that thread attracted the biggest idiots from out of nowhere
I can't even count the amount of negs I gave out just from that thread lol

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hahaa same here though my rep power isn't as strong as my pimp hand

******* cuddly was making daily trips to barneys to try **** on and I ripped him in another thread and got mad props

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
hahaa same here though my rep power isn't as strong as my pimp hand ******* cuddly was making daily trips to barneys to try **** on and I ripped him in another thread and got mad props
i still cant figure out who jet is on sufu, or even if jet is on sufu.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
haha i dont post anymore, maybe twice a year

btw still thinking about that thing you sent me, he came down to 255 shipped but my kopping power is at 0 right now and is recharging, still appreciate the info though

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
on a side note, i insta-kopped some lanvins off yoox.

my first purchase on yoox. when i was opening the box the whole time i was thinking: "whats going to be fucked up?"

well guess what...they are fucked up. literally. manufacturers defect. why am i not surprised.

******* yoox. what a scam. garbage photos, garbage sizing info, garbage item info, garbage models, garbage quality control. its the internet equivalent of marshalls. id rather pay full retail than deal with this sort of hassle.

the only thing good about them is that they offered an option to send using carbon friendly shipping and box choice

so you're sending them back right?

**** that'd be annoying. A waste of time and must've been a huge disappointment.

Kill_switch

Reaction score
sq - my gf was watching that bravo show thats like project runway (idk the name) and dsquared pronounced it as lawn-vaughn so i wasnt sure and i googled it and that seems to match what i found.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^that's right but when it's spoken you can't make out the last n

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads