• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Not really, they're sneakers they get demolished relatively fast, I've thrown away several pairs (few gats etc.), I'd say they tend to last slightly longer but if they last way longer it is because you baby them more.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the point of a sneaker is to wear them they're hardly some $3000 Berluti couture dress shoes man

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys - First post here.

I have tons of jordans/nikes...but looking to make my first trip into really nice sneakers.

I would like a basic black with white sole. What should I be looking at?

I really like the John Elliott Black Hi Tops. Or should I go with Black SLP 10 H? Anything else I should be considering?
I really like the Givenchy Urban Knots lows and highs.

Speaking of which, does anybody have any experience with the sizing on them?

I take 42 in CP, UK8 in Lanvin, but could probably take a half size down in both of them if they were available, so wondering if I should go 41.5 on the Givenchy or stick with a 42.

Any help/info appreciated.

Khronos

Reaction score
Fit about the same as CPs, either would probably work. Mrporter usually has measurements if you need them.

dr1248

Reaction score
I really like the Givenchy Urban Knots lows and highs.

Speaking of which, does anybody have any experience with the sizing on them?

I take 42 in CP, UK8 in Lanvin, but could probably take a half size down in both of them if they were available, so wondering if I should go 41.5 on the Givenchy or stick with a 42.

Any help/info appreciated.

I am a UK7 Lanvin, 41EU in CP and 41EU in Givenchy Urban Knots.

minho

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me the WIDEST possible leather sneaker you can think of? (I have about EE or EEE feet).

I've been following this thread casually for about a year and from what i could tell, Lanvins were generally recommended as having a pretty wide toebox, as well as SL01's having a slightly wider toebox than CP Achilles as well.

I currently wear a pair of Achilles that are too narrow and too long for me. Looking for a pair of shoes to replace them with.

cmninja

Reaction score

Can anyone recommend me the WIDEST possible leather sneaker you can think of? (I have about EE or EEE feet).

I've been following this thread casually for about a year and from what i could tell, Lanvins were generally recommended as having a pretty wide toebox, as well as SL01's having a slightly wider toebox than CP Achilles as well.

I currently wear a pair of Achilles that are too narrow and too long for me. Looking for a pair of shoes to replace them with.

Lanvins are somewhat narrow too but not to the extent of CP.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Yep ramones are wide as well. I guess I should also mention pierre hardy (the classic non-runner models) are also wide in the toebox. I havn't tried on acne adrians but they should fit wider than CP achilles with a similar aesthetic.

edit: ^I would say bballs are wider than achilles but still on the slim side generally speaking

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.