• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

qubed

Reaction score
Lanvin uses UK sizing, but Barney's lists by US sizing. Hence why your 10US is marked as 9UK on the box.

Last edited:

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw these on SSENSE, they're Diesel so meh but hadn't seen the all-the-way-round zip before (probably for good reason)

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha it was definitely a post of just sharing it, rather than endorsing

rossomatic

Reaction score
CP Achilles Low in Blush, size 42 (my Nike size is 10). Fit's snug in terms of width (not in an uncomfortable way), but length-wise is ideal.

Wasn't sure how the blush color would look, but paler than you would think - that's a good thing in my opinion. Matches well with a lot of outfits.

Last edited:

Landau

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Considering buying a pair of Lanvin sneaks now that they hit sale. How is the quality compared to MMM Gats with regards to leather (looking at some calf-skin ones) and durability.

Thanks!

Specifically looking at this pair:

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lanvins are one of the better designer sneakers you can get, quality is very good, comfy sneaker too

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. Lanvins are probably best "bang for buck" in the luxury sneaker market, but they're not for everyone.

1) Their soles are HARD but last a long time. I still have some Lanvin sneakers from 8+ years ago that I wear within my regular rotation. Comparatively, I have to replace my GAT's (softer gum sole) every half year.

2) Large toe box means that for people with narrow feet, they're not a well fitting shoe. You want a decent amount of room because the toe box itself is not very flexible/soft and takes a while to break in. Compared to GATS or even CP's which are much softer and can be comfortable on your first wear.

Overall though, the leather and materials "feels" like higher quality than GATs, but I'm not an expert on leather quality.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys - First post here.

I have tons of jordans/nikes...but looking to make my first trip into really nice sneakers.

I would like a basic black with white sole. What should I be looking at?

I really like the John Elliott Black Hi Tops. Or should I go with Black SLP 10 H? Anything else I should be considering?

Landau

Reaction score
I agree. Lanvins are probably best "bang for buck" in the luxury sneaker market, but they're not for everyone.

1) Their soles are HARD but last a long time. I still have some Lanvin sneakers from 8+ years ago that I wear within my regular rotation. Comparatively, I have to replace my GAT's (softer gum sole) every half year.

2) Large toe box means that for people with narrow feet, they're not a well fitting shoe. You want a decent amount of room because the toe box itself is not very flexible/soft and takes a while to break in. Compared to GATS or even CP's which are much softer and can be comfortable on your first wear.

Overall though, the leather and materials "feels" like higher quality than GATs, but I'm not an expert on leather quality.
I dont know if its more impressive that you have Lanvin sneakers from that long or that you have Lanvin sneakers from that long despite being able to go through a pair of GATs every 6 or so months. Ive heard stories of peoples' gats lasting 2-3 years.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
bruh we been wearing cps, gats and lanvins since 06-08

kwonster

Reaction score
I have yet to go through any margiela/lanvin/ysl/ect. Isn't the point of having designer sneakers being able to rotate them frequently enough that they all look new years later?!?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.