1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Please pick better looking sneakers for entries #4 onwards. tia

Well it is just posting baller sneaks, doesn't have to be SF approved.

Maybe I'll post detailed pics of the ones I have and put reviews when I actually have time. Anyone here who to contribute detailed pics or review, I'd include those too.

I think it would be funnier if you named it HTTP://BALLERSNEAKERS300DOLLARMININUM.TUMBLR.COM

[​IMG] I honestly thought about it, just calling it 300DollarPlusBallahSneakersOnly.tumblr but damn that is long ass name.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

when is ToJ going to make baller sneakers. robert need not apply.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

when is ToJ going to make baller sneakers. robert need not apply.

Well I am moving to Europe... and I got the connection to that Manifattura that does the CP sole if I wanted to do that... I got some stuff I want to make. Bit down the line.

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Well I am moving to Europe... and I got the connection to that Manifattura that does the CP sole if I wanted to do that... I got some stuff I want to make. Bit down the line.

holy fuck

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Maybe I should put a seal like these on SF approved sneaks?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. msza

msza Senior member

GTFO if you don't actually ball in your Official Baller sneakers.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Man, if you can make some mid GATs even with CP's sole as long as it's gumsole and you might juet have something that will sell well, especially if the prices are reasonable, although it might not be baller enough for this thread. I'd still buy a pair though.
    Define "ball"? Does making it rain in the club count as "ballin"? Or are you really asking people to play basketball in the sneakers posted in here?

8. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

holy fuck

remember, we're talking maori time here.

9. snake

snake Senior member

ahaha nice work RFX. Though I would've went with Lanvins or Raf astros for the background.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

ahaha nice work RFX. Though I would've went with Lanvins or Raf astros for the background.

I'm trying to figure out how to put my own background, I have some Lanvin, Raf and MMM silhouettes I want to put in there. Until then, I got to stick with one of the free themes they have.

11. msza

msza Senior member

Define "ball"? Does making it rain in the club count as "ballin"? Or are you really asking people to play basketball in the sneakers posted in here?

Just making fun of the irony of his word choice. "Baller" shoes that are way too expensive to actually play ball in. That is all.

12. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I'm trying to figure out how to put my own background, I have some Lanvin, Raf and MMM silhouettes I want to put in there. Until then, I got to stick with one of the free themes they have.

those look like uggs du

13. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Senior member

RFX if one gets approve, could they get that seal under their avatars? You would be first of course.

14. jet

jet Senior member

change the silhouette and i will use as avatar (2)

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

On the seal? [​IMG] They were actually snow boots but I figure it resembles DBSS silhouette-wise.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I just use the Seal Maker by the way.
    Have a crack at it.

[​IMG]

17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Just making fun of the irony of his word choice. "Baller" shoes that are way too expensive to actually play ball in. That is all.

GTFO yourself. I've worn Margielas and Common Projects out into the brush, and a couple have even seen time on the fireline (though I was observing, and not actively fighting fire at the time. For actual firefighting, the soles would probably crack or melt, depending.) At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if they are $50 or $500 - they are just sneakers.

18. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

i too prefer to ignore the evolution of language

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

change the silhouette and i will use as avatar (2)

Best I could do.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. Razele

Razele Senior member