1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

synergy my dude

2. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

i don't understand people who wear lanvin one day and rick dunks the next and margiela trainers on tuesday.
    or, by the same token, people who dress like a futuro-goth one day and a prep the next. this really confuses me.

I switch up my aesthetics like I switch up my girls.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

^c'mon dude. There is nothing wrong with a uniform. It's better than the inauthenticity of playing designer dress up like every day is a new halloween night.
    meh. Some people can do it and be ok. Others look awkward as hell. Briansd, kelvin, impolytone, you did, and others can do that fine. I mean, if you can dress a certain way really well, it's not hard to translate those skills/taste to a different kinda look. The problem is the people who can't really pull off any of them. Hell, i feel i can dress kinda grungy one day and preppy the next and be alright and i don't even have the skills/wardrobe as the people i listed

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wore that OC x Uniqlo suit and white Tricker's then a white tank/black jeans/fake ricks on the same day. I don't get myself either.
    3000GT is the best 90's car.
    Too heavy, not pretty enough, too many problems. Also most beautiful 90's car was the RX-7. Too bad Mazda fucked up the gaskets. Rotary engine is actually pretty reliable. My '83 RX-7 is still going strong at 150,000 miles. Anyways promise to be done with car talk here, making me depressed.

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

had to sell my toyota but it was still roaring at >200K

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I wore that OC x Uniqlo suit and white Tricker's then a white tank/black jeans/fake ricks on the same day. I don't get myself either.

Too heavy, not pretty enough, too many problems.

Also most beautiful 90's car was the RX-7. Too bad Mazda fucked up the gaskets. Rotary engine is actually pretty reliable. My '83 RX-7 is still going strong at 150,000 miles.

Anyways promise to be done with car talk here, making me depressed.

Very pretty, no major problems I can think of other than those springing from lack of maintenance, more advanced tech than any other car of the time (active aero/exhaust, hardtop convertible, awd/aws, etc.). Also, a number of models were the lowest mass production vehicles of the 90s

Rotary engines are durable during their life and then fail miserably and die, best swap it for a big block crate engine

7. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Very pretty, no major problems I can think of other than those springing from lack of maintenance, more advanced tech than any other car of the time (active aero/exhaust, hardtop convertible, awd/aws, etc.). Also, a number of models were the lowest mass production vehicles of the 90s

Rotary engines are durable during their life and then fail miserably and die, best swap it for a big block crate engine

You just listed all the major problems, in that it had all kinds of useless, gimmicky stuff that turned it into a bloated, wanna-be sports car.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I love the NSX. Realistic-dream car. [​IMG]

9. KitAkira

? How are those useless (except the active exhaust, but any sensible person would replace the exhaust/downpipe anyway) I'll stop shitting up the thread now [​IMG]

10. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

It's a shame Honda/ Acura cant put out something worth getting excited about anymore. Everything seems soo neutered. Like a craw with no claws (J. Crew belt joke. $%^ y'all Id still rock it lol)

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

You just listed all the major problems, in that it had all kinds of useless, gimmicky stuff that turned it into a bloated, wanna-be sports car.

+1

3000gt was nice but way too heavy as was the stealth r/t turbo but really it was all about the supra, rx7 and nsx even though it wasn't that quick.

Didn't like the facelifted nsx with fixed lights and ugly rear turn signal bubbles though.

12. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I love the NSX. Realistic-dream car.
    [​IMG]

Pure sex in black.

? How are those useless (except the active exhaust, but any sensible person would replace the exhaust/downpipe anyway)
    I'll stop shitting up the thread now [​IMG]

Name a sports car made today with all wheel steering and variable aerodynamics. AWS is great for monster trucks, a nightmare for sports cars.

And I know some won't agree, but when it comes to a pure sports car I'll take my drive wheels in the back.

13. KitAkira

Pure sex in black. Name a sports car made today with all wheel steering and variable aerodynamics. AWS is great for monster trucks, a nightmare for sports cars. And I know some won't agree, but when it comes to a pure sports car I'll take my drive wheels in the back.
    Active Aero: Bugatti Veyron, Audi TT, Audi R8. AWS: every Skyline, RX-7

14. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

***Finally an official baller 90s car thread ($30000 minimum)***

im just playing, I like the car talk.

15. Oski

Oski Senior member

***Finally an official baller 90s car thread ($30000 minimum)***

im just playing, I like the car talk.

[​IMG] Good one.