1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. muziq925

muziq925 Senior member

Hey guys I just bought this pair of Pierre Hardy sneakers and I was wondering if the quality of these sneakers are up to par with the standard sneakers(MMM, raf, Lanvin) that are made in italy. Can someone with a pair let me know how they stack up against the rest? http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/p...c-high-top.php I love the coloramas but don't have the budget yet [​IMG]

2. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Are those the "elephant" leather pair that were posted on ebay?

o shit you mean mmm is bitin jordans now??

supreme dunkz ftw

3. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

Are those nutsack leather GATs???

hahaha [​IMG] I will never look at these the same way again

I think those are even too distressed/worn out for me. Plus the really clean laces doesn't go with it at all. Margiela should include dirtied laces with it.

Yeah the texture is pretty crazy I agree... I think they'll look pretty good broken in though. Also agree about the laces. The beige color actually goes very well with the color of the sneakers and from further away the contrast between the perfectly clean laces and the overly distressed sneakers isn't so bad. When looking at them up close (as in these pictures) it does look pretty jarring though. But I agree, the laces could stand to be dirtied up a bit.

Anyway, here are some more pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. jet

jet Senior member

I think I like my 06 grey gats the best followed by plain whites. Don't care for mids or highs though highs are better.

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I'll wait for Augusta to come out with real elephant leather high tops

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Yo the nutsack GATS are awesome, seriously. Shoebox, you need to fuck up those laces so it looks consistent. Good shit.

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

seller on ebay had shit pics. if i would've known they were going to look that cool, i would've bid a more on my max bid

8. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

seller on ebay had shit pics. if i would've known they were going to look that cool, i would've bid a more on my max bid

Definitely. I had little idea of how they were going to look IRL. I tried googling for pics and got nothing. The only thing I had to go off of were the 2 pairs of GAT hi's that were also listed that I thought *might* have been the same colorway.

9. snake

snake Senior member

Damn, those GATs are wild. Love to see how they break in / age.

10. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

Those might be the first pair of sneakers i really really liked within the last 2 years. I'm so special.

11. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I think those are even too distressed/worn out for me. Plus the really clean laces doesn't go with it at all. Margiela should include dirtied laces with it.

I dunno, imo it's so consistent that it looks like the colour of the shoes rather than distressing.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

13. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

out of all the baller sneakers i've owned my balenciagas were the BEST pair and i will regret selling them forever

14. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

15. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

16. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

what are those ones with the stash pocket? frikken cool.

17. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Raf Astronauts

18. Razele

Razele Senior member

Kelvin that is awesome.

19. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I think I like my 06 grey gats the best followed by plain whites. Don't care for mids or highs though highs are better.

had both of these (06 models) and I wore the white ones into the ground, beyond fucked up now, the grey ones got no love so I sold them. The greys do look sick just sitting there but when I wore them they made my feet look about 5" long and all of the MMM GAT's in non-white look like bowling shoes. I don't even know which colors I have anymore, between my two houses, but I still have several pair and I only ever like the white ones.

20. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

the all black rafs[​IMG] mmmmmmmmm. they look brand new condition. you just buy them? and WHERE?? thanks