1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

miranda kerr. yum.

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

moreso meant kanye
    I don't understand how people rant and rave about his fits.

Orlando is totally SF approved.

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

Bloom loves MMM lol

Seems to like Dior a lot too

4. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

My first entries into this lurid world, and excuse the camera phone shot:

[​IMG]

Verdict so far: I like the ones on the left. But I really like the ones on the right. In fact, I just put in an order for them in black as well.

5. connor

connor Senior member

kanye swags so hard

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

god Kanyes ripped jeans look like ass.
    DOLCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (I think) What's with that cyborg he's with, genetically engineered bodyguard?

7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

DOLCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (I think)

What's with that cyborg he's with, genetically engineered bodyguard?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] his girl is smoking. Google her. Amber Rose.

8. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

DOLCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (I think)

What's with that cyborg he's with, genetically engineered bodyguard?

I think they are Balmain

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

The Balmains are tapered and slimmer, he's wornthose before and I believe they were identified as Dolce at the time

10. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

Ah, they all look the same to me haha. I saw some of the most awful D&G velcro hi tops at Nordstroms. Then in Van I saw a SA at Holt Renfrew WEARING them...

11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

yeezy look like he put on a few pounds

12. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

This is so true. Do people actually get pleasure from wearing knockoffs? I mean the whole point of "grail" items is that when you finally can afford them/splurge to get them it just feels amazing when you wear it. If I could buy a bunch of cheap shitty knock offs where would the enjoyment be?

Do these people get off by having other people think they're wearing legit stuff?

Life lesson: different people are different.

Some people don't care about brands, they just like the way certain things look and don't want to spend a fortune on it.

Some people, yeah, I suppose might want to give the appearance of wearing a desirable brand, again without spending a fortune.

Maybe this is really easy to forget? But designer clothes cost a lot of fucking money, way more than most people have to spend or want to spend on clothes.

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

95% of knockoffs are horrible quality. Look how ratty a fake LV bag gets after only a few months. If you want and can afford the original, the knockoff will not do.

14. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

But there also exists a market for high quality knock-offs. The markets for authentic, counterfeit, and replica goods don't really intertwine that much so you can't say something like oh, the counterfeit goods steal profits from the originator- or something like what the hell, how can these people enjoy knock offs, the quality is terrible. They don't buy it for the same reasons you do, and conversely they avoid purchases on grounds which don't make sense to you. Some people occasionally buy the "counterfeit" goods on a whim, think of the people here w/ fake rick trainers.. The DA sneakers can hardly be considered knock-offs unless they're sold as Lanvins. Stealing or "borrowing" a design is just how things go in circles such as fashion, music, etc... It's funny the people who are up in arms about this sort of thing (HEY let's email Lanvin guys!!) seem to like things like MMM gats and RAF Vandals, which "borrow" from such a ubiquitous shoe that it has inherited the name as well. Of course, there is an endless list of reasons why that circumstance is different and irrelevant, I am sure. The silliest one is claiming Aldo steals designs from Common Projects. I don't know the names of the models, but the super-basic lowtop stan smith model. The shape of that particular shoe likely predates both Aldo and CP together, where the notion that CP "originated" the shoe came from I really don't know. It's like that legal thing the band Metallica was involved in years ago because they thought other bands using a certain series of notes they use in their songs was an example of infringement. Or that the white button down oxford is property of J.Crew.

15. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

The DA sneakers can hardly be considered knock-offs unless they're sold as Lanvins. Stealing or "borrowing" a design is just how things go in circles such as fashion, music, etc... It's funny the people who are up in arms about this sort of thing (HEY let's email Lanvin guys!!) seem to like things like MMM gats and RAF Vandals, which "borrow" from such a ubiquitous shoe that it has inherited the name as well.
    There is a pretty big difference between copying a ubiquitous design that is ingrained both culturally and historically and copying a design that was made one season ago by a brand like Lanvin. Not to mention, MMM and Raf try to make those shoes unique through better materials, treatments, etc. DA just tries to make cheaper Lanvins.

16. J.I

J.I Active Member

17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

last night i dreamt i bought a pair of ostrich-leather lanvins o_O

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Lanvin can certainly sue DA if they wanted to protect their design and feel that they take away some market from them. Anyone read the case between LV vs. New Balance?

Now, while Lanvin and DA may not be as famous as LV or NB, if Lanvin feels the need they can definitely pursue them. Even if you look at the pic of the LV and NB shoes, there are similarities in the design but it is not an exact copy, unlike what DA does.

19. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

I'd rather have the DAs, actually. At least they're not called "Langins" or "Lannvins" or the like. EDIT: I should say, if the quality is there, I'd rather have the DAs. I'm not sold on a brand here, but a style of shoe. If it's a cheap $20 payless knock off that's ill-fitting, wears out in a week, etc? No thanks. But if it's a solid sneaker with a good shape, good build quality, quality materials? Yeah, I'll take it. Shit, I have a fucking apartment full of IKEA, why should I be bothered about the IKEA of shoes? [​IMG] Wait, that's Aldos, right?

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'd rather have the DAs, actually. At least they're not called "Langins" or "Lannvins" or the like.

I don't even know what that means?