1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. LeeroyDaBoy

LeeroyDaBoy Senior member

I've been away from the forum for a while and just getting back into checking this thread. Where are all of the baller sneakers man?

2. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Got photos Ye?

3. ultralightbeam

ultralightbeam New Member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  4. needhelp123

Never heard of that brand in my life sorry Ye, trend setting as usual. When are you putting out Cruel Winter though? Champions was boss.

5. Khronos

Khronos Well-Known Member

Never heard of a DBSS knock off so maybe authentic?

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Fifteen years later still taking good care of my Jil Puma's. $325 back in Fall '02. I've got white on white, brown on red, black on gray, black on white, and white on orange. I kick myself for not getting the python skin ones when I had the chance. The original... and still the best... designer collaboration.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. ultralightbeam

i was reading around this forum actually and people were telling this guy his pair was fake. the photo was deleted but i know they are out there
    one thing that stuck out to me was this
    http://i.imgur.com/5lB6NcN.png you can see the Diet butcher slim skin is going the same direction on both shoes

After looking at more of the same shoe I noticed on every other pair. The logo was mirrored unlike the sellers pair
    http://i.imgur.com/nJcawkE.png
    another example: http://i.imgur.com/sInasyp.png

8. Khronos

They might be a prototype/another season but if people are calling fake and he deleted the pictures...well its likely fake.

9. ultralightbeam

i thought about that, but every pair ive seen has the mirrored logo on the bottoms and these dont. sorry you misunderstood, a guy posted his dbss on here asking if they were fake, some people said they were and that was that, his photos arent up anymore to compare them to these. nobody has questioned the shoes that i know of, but they were on grailed for a long time with 60+ watchers but no bites

10. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

My pair had the mirrored logo on the soles. Fakes are out there so yeah I would just avoid. Toebox looks off but there are some versions that had the flattened toebox and were legit.

11. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Balmain high top owners: do you guys use shoe trees?

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

It isn't as popular as making fakes of RO or CP but it's very easy to find sort of decent DBSS knockoffs around HK/Korea. They're not well made and smell like glue.

I wouldn't be surprised to see well made knockoffs either. Some of the CP knockoffs in China feel better in quality than originals now.

13. Khronos

I like the worn in look on the balmains, and they're a bit too chunky for shoe trees anyway.

14. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

[​IMG]

Copped mine on the bay for like... $150..

I copped my first pair on sale in a size 42 which fit for $325, these last ones I got in a 43 and I sold my old ones that were beat up for like $120... Lol

15. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

16. needhelp123

i don't use shoetree for any sneaker, only boots and derbies/oxfords

17. akclothpooper

akclothpooper Senior member

Were the Raf velcros (low or highs) ever available in less than a 39 EU? I take anywhere from a 37-39 in sneakers but found the 39 highs to be too large when trying on.

18. Khronos

Has anyone found a good replacement laces for balmains?

19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

How should I size qasa highs? I'm a 12 Nike, 12 boosts, 44 CP, 45 gat...
    I've wanted a pair for a while but never pulled the trigger because some say size up, some say go true and most say size down half. I'm thinking i need an 11.5. Would that be right?

20. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

Sizing is very flexible on qasas. I personally have pairs .5 down, true, and .5 size up - true to size is best fit but they all are fine.