1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

size down 1 full size for lanvisns

2. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

I've owned at least 8 pairs of Lanvin sneakers produced 2009-2014 and none of them fit more than half a size big. I'd estimate 2 out of 8+ fit exactly a half-size big, and the rest all fit true-to-size, meaning they were/are tagged size 11 on the tongue & box, which makes them a UK 11 = US 12, which is my regular size in everything.

Dress shoes and sandals also fit true to size in my personal experience.

I've also owned one pair of Lanvin boots marked 10 [UK] that were small on me but wearable (they fit like a 10.5 UK, i.e. they fit one half-size big), and I sold a pair of the velcro-strap low-tops marked 10 [UK] a while back because they were too small for me, i.e. they also fit true to size.

My general advice is not to size down, but I haven't tried on any fw15 shoes. Also, sorry but IMO those are pretty ugly, I wouldn't buy them at 70% off. You can definitely find something both cooler and cheaper on eBay.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  3. Khronos

Khronos Well-Known Member

Agreed, I'm between sizes and decided to size down as the next size up fit too big. I can't really wear them with thick socks or if I'm walking a lot. I'm a 10 and have lanvins on 8uk/9us.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I have really old ones and they were a full size big, AFAIK. Don't remember the year but maybe 2007?

5. yoshimagikmagik

yoshimagikmagik Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help guys, I guess I probably won't size down one. Okay, so I'm honestly asking, what makes these ugly to you? It seems like lots of people buy this model or close to this model, so then I'm left to guess you dont like the colorway. I liked the black grey contrast, that cant be that weird to like can it?

6. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

dude, the only opinion that matters at the end of the day is your own

if you like them, get them!

1 person likes this.
  7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

I've heard a bunch of times that Lanvin runs one size big, so I don't doubt there's something to it, and my own experience is they are on the roomy side if anything, but since none of my pairs are a full size large and I own a bunch, I thought it would be worth sharing my dissenting opinion from the common wisdom.

(Speaking only for myself...) On my monitor it looks like beige and grey, kind of a moldy colour scheme, and I don't think it would look good with either dark raw jeans or light wash (at the very least, compared to better options). I don't wear grey or black denim, so YMMV, but I don't really feel like either of those would set off these shoes particularly well. Lanvin makes tons of shoes in tons of color and material combinations, and many of them are ugly, and many of them are hard to wear, and the overlap varies.

I don't really like the Lanvin sole when it's single colour but especially in grey, e.g. here's all white, here's all navy, and here's my preference two-tone -- incidentally, I like all three of those better than the pair you linked, in design, materials, colour, everything.

I also dislike the contrast of the toe cap, it shows up as some kind of maroon for me.

But I like and own plenty of things I'm sure the majority of this forum would hate on, so at the end of the day I wholeheartedly agree with this:

BTW, if you do decide to get the grey pair, all the remaining sizes but 10 have 2+ pairs in stock, and even if you're a 10 I'd wait for another price drop before buying. Anybody who wanted them at this price would probably have picked them up within 48 hours of the sale debut, and you clearly aren't so in love with them that you're going to lose sleep if they sell out on you.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  8. KeeperEUSC

KeeperEUSC Member

Here's a sad question: anyone ever replaced/cleaned laces for KVAs or similarly ridiculous sneakers?

9. Khronos

Khronos Well-Known Member

I ordered some custom laced ones but they didnt look the same its difficult to find the right width/thickness.

10. Bussit

Bussit Well-Known Member

I washed them with bleach. If the KVA boutique was still open, you could have gotten someone in France to pick up a pair of replacement laces for free.

11. coolron

coolron Well-Known Member

What's the consensus on Y-3 Qasa High sizing? I'm a 44 in Margiela GATs, 11-11.5 in Nikes.

12. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

Consensus is .5 down but I think true is okay too. They fit long, but the tube sole is weird and pretty narrow.

Are there places stocking the triple blacks?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  13. coolron

coolron Well-Known Member

LN-CC still has a full size run

14. noirwest

noirwest Well-Known Member

I think 10.5 would be right for you

15. KeeperEUSC

KeeperEUSC Member

Somewhere there's a storage room with what I need. Alas, looks like it's going to take bleach for this round.

16. yoshimagikmagik

yoshimagikmagik Well-Known Member

Totally, that makes sense. The more I look at em, the more I'm on the fence about em. Eh, we'll see. I do like grey and black two tones and I prefer a single tone sole, so we do have our differences but I take your points as well.

17. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

just get some low top captoes, baby blue..navy... I have white with grey patent cap from 2 season ago, they are comfy shoes that are nice.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  18. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Probably not "baller" enough but how do people feel about white Acne Adrian hi's?
    I have white bball hi's and white W+H his but the Adrian seems like more of a mid which is what I'm looking for, worth it for ~$200 or nah?

19. Fiddler

Fiddler Well-Known Member

The Bally sneakers I'd been eyeballing finally went on sale. They're cut pretty large…Im a US9D and had to take a 40.5 Euro size (6.5UK)…ridiculous.

Leather is lamb nappa and soft as butter….Im guessing they will stretch out a bit with a few wears. Colour is a dense military green (caper)….decent alternative to the black ones which never go on sale.

They were 50% off….I grumbled a bit about the 'Made in ROC' tag under the tongue and the S.A. knocked off another 10%….anyway, Ballys made in ROC…god help us all.

Having said that, they look really well made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Fiddler

Fiddler Well-Known Member

Im a true US9D…I went with 41 and they were perfect….theyre cut a bit narrow up in front but with wear they relax.