• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To be honest the reason designer brands like Lanvin and Margiela create abominations instead of re-releasing classics is rooted in the nature of these lux companies. If they created the same **** over and over, it would lose the exclusivity and rarity of designer merchandise. By coming up with new designs (as bad as they are), these companies are constantly ahead of the curve (figuratively speaking) even if they keep coming out with ****** new ideas. Many copycats hop on board for successful old designs, which ruins the exclusivity and rarity set by these high-end brands. Once that happens, there is less incentive for customers to buy from expensive designers like Lanvin. Lanvin has to create designs that are hard to imitate. By using rare and lux materials, as ugly as they may be- are very hard to imitate which set's their brand apart from any other ripoff or midmarket brand. All the rare materials, odd construction techniques, etc that they are doing now are VERY hard to copy and it makes the shoes their own. That being said, they're all ugly as hell and sometimes it pays to capitalize on successful product especially if that's what customers want. That's why Diesel buying margiela was somewhat of a good idea. The house can now re-release classic items (5-zip, lowtop trainers in classic cw's) without suffering the fashion house dilemma to constantly innovate.

Some good points but I think Lanvin could continue with their experiments with luxe materials while still producing those old high-tops. I mean they do it with the lowtops, it is not a seasonal staple (though it seems the new ones are now produced in Portugal, not Italy) but they still try to use luxe and unique materials on it like sponge materials for the uppers and snakeskin texture on the toe. I'm pretty sure they could have pulled that off with the older high-tops.

Another one I wish they would just re-release are the OG Rick Dunks, I really do not see much backfire in releasing a colorway each season while still producing geo-baskets and nutsack sneakers to keep copycats away.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry, I meant in terms of padding.

go buy some pillows and strap them to your feet if thats what you want. padding makes things more comfortable for about 3 seconds when you're trying it on and that's it.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry, I meant in terms of padding.

go buy some pillows and strap them to your feet if thats what you want. padding makes things more comfortable for about 3 seconds when you're trying it on and that's it.

alright brah I get the picture.

I orderes some cp's that I am looking forward to wearing.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More Lanvins (it makes me wonder if Elba or Ossendrijver actually approves of these designs?)
e0s9ef.png

260yc2g.png

352i69k.png

xeekvd.png

2u4ojmx.png

ir8aah.png

23k1og.png

27zaxc7.png

34dlq3l.png

14jrhah.png

2zgdxch.png

I don't mind the all white lows though.
2wm2sgo.png

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
red hi-tops don't look that bad, though for that kind of money you can get sneaks that are a lot cooler
sarcasm.gif

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lanvins are just silly now. The only ones I would get are the patent captoe lows they come out with every season.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Caltex: Not sure if they're jute/canvas, or just leather GATs dipped in paint. Either material shoe in a 45 low would be nice. :embar:

If you happen to find an all white leather (no suede gray shiz) in a size 46 on your search please let me know.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called up beverly hills mmm to no avail. Maybe I do just buy the blue ones and hope they're dark enough or go crazy and dye brand new ~$600 sneakers.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Caltex: Not sure if they're jute/canvas, or just leather GATs dipped in paint. Either material shoe in a 45 low would be nice. :embar:

you guys know there is 3 different versions of the painted gats right?
first came the painted tan suede, barney's era
then the painted grey suede
and last year the painted canvas

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The black ones are the best pair of sneaker Lanvin has right now.
xc1uf.jpg

Yep. Been wanting those and the blue ones for a while now. Just wish they would drop below $300

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you guys know there is 3 different versions of the painted gats right?
first came the painted tan suede, barney's era
then the painted grey suede
and last year the painted canvas

Yeah, I'm just really unsure which one I like best—I just know that as long as they're not the ones with the multi-colored drip-drops then I'm good. However I did have trouble finding pictures representing each iteration on its own. Most of the photos I found were painted canvas (probably because it's the most recent).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads