1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

His book is good too, don't be hatin'.

2. ertu

ertu Well-Known Member

Are these shoes Common project Achilles Low sneakers? They dont look like it, quite flimsy. what is the name of the shoe?

also, can anyone figure out the size (faded gold lettering)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  3. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

Those are Tournament Lows

4. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Guise I dunno what other sneakers I should buy, got suggestions? I don't want Rick, CP, Guieseppe, Balenciaga

Currently I have Valentino, Margiela, Lanvin, Saint Laurent

Haven't bought new pair in 3 months and I miss the feeling of opening a brand new box of sneakers.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  5. DLester

DLester Senior member

Nike internationalist

6. Rais

Rais Senior member

McQueen oversized lows for summer.

7. Khronos

Khronos Well-Known Member

I would really get CP or other 'high end' minimalist sneakers on sale. I beat my cps and never even looked close to that(football/concerts/festivals/walking all day).

8. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

I don't really get the appeal of minimalism for baller sneakers. If your gonna ball out then I say go maximalist, just not Guieseppe level trashimalist

9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Have you tried overcoming your lack of understanding?

5 people like this.
  10. sepp

sepp Senior member

Visvim?

11. Ragechester

I've tried on CPs if that's what you mean bball highs are cool, it's really the obsession with achilles that I don't get, just buy adidas

@needhelp123 Raf ripple sole velcros are pretty wild this year, so is the Visvim skagway hi zip, +1 for oversize Mcqueens, maybe Fujiwaras or even those geometric heel Pradas, too many options tbh I just want classic black&white Qasas

12. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

For people who appreciate the difference between achilles and adidas, there is a big jump in quality.

13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Stans and Lavers don't look anywhere near as clean on feet as Achilles. I still prefer Bballs and tournaments but I have no problem seeing the appeal of Achilles.

14. Ragechester

I should have added in *imo* since it's really just opinion at this point, but yea obviously quality would be a determining factor for some, and the sleek clean lines of the shoe as well. Guess I'm just not an achilles kinda dude, they do like nice in some fits.

15. needhelp123

I used to have Raf hi velcros but i wore them for like 5 times and EVERY time they tore the crap out of my heel (properly tore my skin off) hurt so much so i just sold them.

Probably the other 'must' i'm missing are some sort of Y3s, my favourite is probably just the low Qasa in black but i can't justify paying $450AUD for something thats made of cheap materials like that and made in China, i would pay maybe $250 absolute max, till then i stick to my ZX Flux and Nike Lunar FlyKnit 3s + Free Run 5.0 lol, those are the three runners i have.

Prada sneakers are pretty cool these days, futuristic and everything, hell even Gucci is putting out some pretty decent designs the past 2 seasons, if only without the monogram..

Those McQueens are definitely cool.

I did like the White Mountaineering x Adidas suede stan smiths. But i dislike the toe box of the stan smith.

16. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Wear blister plasters until the heels of the shoes break in?

17. shoewizz

shoewizz Well-Known Member

Same with mine. Absolutely disappointing design. Looks great, but no one in the last 10 years of making them has been bothered to figure out if they are actually comfortable.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  18. needhelp123

They are pretty overpriced for the materials and stuff..actually WAY to overpriced at full price, even half price sale..

For me most comfy would be Margiela and then Lanvin. I find my SLP sneakers pretty hard the sole, as are the Valentinos for what they're supposed to be but neither of them are uncomfortable. Strangely my SLP boots are pretty solid and can walk a lot in them before I start getting minor heel pain.

19. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Once and for all... Are the high top GATs sized the same as the lows? (talking about the velcros)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  20. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

I take the same size in both, yeah. The highs do fit a touch larger though.