• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

final stretch

seoulfully

Reaction score
so i've been working out, watching what i eat, etc but i've hit that last stage (roughly 15lbs) that is just that much harder to get off. any suggestions for slogging the rest of this off me? i used to lift 4 days a week and go for runs on the weekend. then i went exclusively running 6 days a week. currently i'm lifting (circuits) 3 days a week, doing cardio (running) 4 days a week (1 day being dedicated to intervals/tabata/etc). i'm still kind of stuck right on my "plateau" and was hoping some of you guys here would have something suggestions on how to kick start the last bit of this.

fwiw, i'm not going for the pretty boy all show no go look. just trying to slim it all the way down. getting tired of the belly flab is all. oh and time is something of a consideration as i honestly don't have that much of it free.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seoulfully
so i've been working out, watching what i eat, etc but i've hit that last stage (roughly 15lbs) that is just that much harder to get off. any suggestions for slogging the rest of this off me? i used to lift 4 days a week and go for runs on the weekend. then i went exclusively running 6 days a week. currently i'm lifting (circuits) 3 days a week, doing cardio (running) 4 days a week (1 day being dedicated to intervals/tabata/etc). i'm still kind of stuck right on my "plateau" and was hoping some of you guys here would have something suggestions on how to kick start the last bit of this.

fwiw, i'm not going for the pretty boy all show no go look. just trying to slim it all the way down. getting tired of the belly flab is all. oh and time is something of a consideration as i honestly don't have that much of it free.

I hit a plateau when losing weight and was stuck there for a couple of weeks. I was working out and eating well but I didn't realize the effect that sugar was having on my diet.

I was drinking soda and almost a gallon of iced tea per day in addition to OJ every morning.

Once I eliminated all of that extra suger, I dropped another 10 lbs.

IMO, sugar is a huge contributer to weight. IMO, it is more of a problem than fat.

Edit: I still drink (2 cups) of OJ every morning but I mix it with water to ease the strong taste and cut some sugar.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quality of calories is just as important as quantity.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can try not doing circuits when you lift and find an actual muscle-building program (circuits are pretty horrible at building muscle, though they burn more calories than regular lifting programs). Greater muscle mass increases motabolism which can lead to greater weight loss.

Also, I like the suggestion about cutting out as much sugar as possible. Also, don't eat anything that says that it contains High Fructose Corn Syrup on the label. Getting rid of sugar is pretty important actually because your body is the most efficient at burning fat stores for energy when your insulin level is very low (otherwise it will burn carbohydrates from the sugars), so you want to get rid of things that will spike your insulin, which includes anything sugary, anything with HFCS and any carbohydrates with a high GI rating. Even getting rid of fruit could help, as long as you take a multivitamin to make up for the lost vitamins from fruit.

seoulfully

Reaction score
i'm not looking to get much bigger than i am (not to say i'm big, bc i'm not). i actually wouldn't mind just tone based what muscles i have now. but i know muscles are better at burning fat than cardio work.

outside of fruit i try to limit my sugar intake, but i guess i'll just have to be a little more disciplined with it.

i was doing the circuit just for time's sake. but maybe i'll break it down back to body parts or push/pull days.

thanks for the tips guys.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seoulfully
i'm not looking to get much bigger than i am (not to say i'm big, bc i'm not). i actually wouldn't mind just tone based what muscles i have now. but i know muscles are better at burning fat than cardio work.

outside of fruit i try to limit my sugar intake, but i guess i'll just have to be a little more disciplined with it.

i was doing the circuit just for time's sake. but maybe i'll break it down back to body parts or push/pull days.

thanks for the tips guys.

if you're short on time check out my thread about my new workout. it takes me about 30 minutes to do and includes all of the major exercises that you need that target the most muscles with the highest efficiency in the shortest amount of time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics