• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Final Sale?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tend to change my mind and like to take things home and make sure I like it. 99.99% of the time, I won't buy something that is final sale.

I saw a great suit at Zegna today, but the final sale made me walk, I wasn't sure I loved it and 900 mistake is a 900 dollar mistake.

Anyone else final sale gun shy?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when i buy things i am not worried about their return policy, that sounds like what an impulse buyer should be worried about.

when i buy things i either really like it, or i don't. if i don't really like it, then i'll probably skip it.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
usually depends on the item, but final sale usually doesn't make me hesitate.

A 900 dollar mistake can be flipped in BS to the happiness of others
smile.gif

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano

A 900 dollar mistake can be flipped in BS to the happiness of others
smile.gif

smile.gif

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
when i buy things i am not worried about their return policy, that sounds like what an impulse buyer should be worried about.

when i buy things i either really like it, or i don't. if i don't really like it, then i'll probably skip it.

+1

I'm not just going to buy it because it's cheap. I'm even willing to pay full retail, provided it's exactly what I want..

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When buying from a store I don't mind. But I'd hesitate buying an item I've never tried on from a web site.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree

Same here. I have made a mistake or two, but not often.

Eagle

Reaction score
^I agree with JayJay and stickonatree! If I don't really want an item, I would not buy it, whether it's on sale or not. Once I make a purchase, it is a rare occurrence that an item is returned, unless it proves to be defective.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67
a potentially 900 dollar mistake with a history of returning items

You make it sound like an illness...

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just make sure I try it on, and absolutely love it. If I have any doubts about it, and it's on final sale, I won't buy it.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a coat from Neiman Marcus and they stamped my receipt as Final Sale. I hesitated for awhile but decided I really wanted the coat so ultimately I wasn't bothered by the Final Sale. Also, AMEX has a return guarantee just in case =).

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just bring it back without receipt and say you got it as a gift, youll get some store credit and buy something you do like

velvel87

Reaction score
Also, you have to look for the upside. I bought a zegna DB suit at the barneys warehouse sale, loved it, but then came to grips that I am just barely hanging onto my size 38R shape and that this was probably not the best of investments... so I sold it to my buddy and made a profit. Always have to have a plan B if your doing final sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads