• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Filson Wool Luggage, just introduced!

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakdown
I really like the way it looks on the duffle, but plaid wool would make them too one-season for my tastes. I was secretly hoping for plain charcoal wooll!

I really want these bags in gray, regardless of material. Or Navy, as those cooler colors would go with most of my wardrobe.
smile.gif

I agree fully with this - if anyone from Filson is reading.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doc4
As an occasional creek-dropper, these bags seem a bit impractical to me.

Exactly why I said "a large portion"
teacha.gif

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
I agree fully with this - if anyone from Filson is reading.
I'd add whipcord to grey and navy. I'd drop plaid, totally uninspiring.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was at the store I looked the wool stuff over. It's pretty heavy duty and I'm sure it will survive creek droppings along with heavy daily use for years. One thing to keep in mind is you cannot compare them to the twill luggage. The twill stuff is designed for heavy abusive field use while I think the wool luggage was designed more for the urban jungle. Different materials, different intended uses. I'll end up with a medium field bag which will be put to good use for weekend trips and light field adventures. Since it is a Filson item it will be treated like any of my other Filson stuff which means no babying it. It's going to go wherever I want in whatever conditions present themselves and I'm not going to concern myself with whether or not it will survive. It will. Even if I do manage to trash it Filson does stand behind their stuff so it will get repaired or replaced and back out into the field it goes.

As I said before this is a marketing test campaign and depending on the initial response what Filson does next will be based entirely on how well this campaign goes. If it goes well more will come, if not it won't make it into the catalog.

erdavis

Reaction score
Will the product be made in Seattle or in Red China?

Granted most of the people who sew in the Seattle factory are from China / Asia , I at least like the fact it is a Seattle product. Below is a picture of the sewing shop in Seattle from Seattle Times.

2002347211.jpg

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares where it's made, if it gets their wheeled luggage production back on track
devil.gif

But seriously, I don't doubt Filson is a stand-up outfit, and it's just the immediate availability of certain pieces that's leading me to another brand instead (probably B&R).

JO3B

Reaction score
you're obviously closed today, but tomorrow i'll be calling in an order for the red wool small field bag.
smile.gif

dsgNYC

Reaction score

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
I'll have to show Dave how to do a link.

Filson Small Wool Duffle Bag, Style Number: 70102

It's a nice little duffel.

I have the small field bag (which my wife said I cannot use and gave to my daughter) and the tote in the red wool plaid. It is nice, well made stuff. I just ordered the duffel. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads