• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Filson Wool Luggage, just introduced!

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a month or so ago we were told that Filson was going to release a limited run of wool luggage as a test run to see how well it would be taken by the consumer. If the test run is successful Filson will add these items to their catalog and develop the line further. We ordered up 6 of each style in both colors. I'm eyeballing a medium Field bag, my thoughts are it would make for a nice weekend bag and lighter field bag.

Anyway here's what we got and the price listed is MSRP. You all know how we feel about MSRP. LOL! So right now this is a call in special, first come first serve. Just remember to mention Styleforum when you call.

Small Field Bag 70100
Colors - BU Burgandy GN Hawthorne Plaid Retail (MAP) $155.00

smallfieldbu.jpg

smallfieldgn.jpg

Small Duffle Bag 70102
Colors - BU Burgandy Plaid GN Hawthorne Plaid Retail (MAP) $235.00

dufflebu.jpg

dufflegn.jpg

Wool Tote Bag 70101
Colors - BU Burgandy Plaid GN Hawthorne Plaid Retail (MAP) $115.00

totebn.jpg

totegn.jpg

Medium Field Bag 70103
Colors - BU Burgandy Plaid GN Hawthorne Plaid Retail (MAP) $225.00

medfieldbu.jpg

medfieldgn.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's good to see Filson get a little bit more adventurous, they don't really do that often enough. I'll give you guys a call soon for one of those field bags.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any solid colors?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Any solid colors?

Nope, what you see is all there is.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Any solid colors?

+1. And I have to admit, these pieces look cooler than I would have thought from the original description.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Filson (and of Crane's, who supplied my wool Weekender), but I'm not loving these bags. Although mackinaw wool is tough and water-resistant, it's not as much so as rugged twill. I'm not much for the patterns either but that is purely subjective. Making rugged bags out of wool just seems like an odd thing to do, but each to his own. Maybe they had some left over
laugh.gif

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the interiors of the bags lined with anything, or just the wool?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are impressive. I didn't expect much when I read the threads title but I like them, especially the green plaid. As different as it is for Filson, it also looks like a very smart product extension. Somebody there is doing a good job combing style, function & fashion.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tidybeard
I'm a huge fan of Filson (and of Crane's, who supplied my wool Weekender), but I'm not loving these bags. Although mackinaw wool is tough and water-resistant, it's not as much so as rugged twill. I'm not much for the patterns either but that is purely subjective. Making rugged bags out of wool just seems like an odd thing to do, but each to his own. Maybe they had some left over
laugh.gif

They know a large portion of folks buying their luggage really aren't planning on dropping them into creeks too often.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The current owners of Filson are former Ralph Lauren execs. I expect them to keep the old lines however I'm sure the knowledge gained from RL will find it's way into new product lines. Speaking of new I just launched our new website. Me thinks a sale is in order to commemorate this event.

breakdown

Reaction score
I really like the way it looks on the duffle, but plaid wool would make them too one-season for my tastes. I was secretly hoping for plain charcoal wooll! I really want these bags in gray, regardless of material. Or Navy, as those cooler colors would go with most of my wardrobe.
smile.gif

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
They know a large portion of folks buying their luggage really aren't planning on dropping them into creeks too often.

As an occasional creek-dropper, these bags seem a bit impractical to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads